The Shape Of My Heart

I was with Ginny, Emmy, and Luna, whom I had gotten to know in the D.A., when we heard Harry's raised voice coming out of a classroom. "You think we ought to go see what's happening?" Ginny asked us and we all shrugged in reply. 

Ginny opened the door and we all walked in awkwardly.  "Hi. We recognized Harry's voice -- What are you yelling about?" Ginny asked cautiously. 

"Never you mind," Harry said with an attitude.

Ginny raised her eyebrows. "There's no need to take that tone with me. I was only wondering whether we could help out."

"Well you can't," Harry said shortly.

"You're being rather rude you know," I said, giving attitude right back. 

"Wait.....Harry, they can help," Hermione said, joining our minor confrentation. 

She went on to explain to Harry that he needed to check and see if Sirius was home or not, through Umbridge's fire in her office before speeding off to London unaware. Apparently, he had had a sort of vision that Sirius was being tortured by Voldemort in the Ministry of Magic. We were to be the lookouts, Ginny and Luna on one end, Emmy and I on the other.

We agreed and took our places while Harry and Hermione hid under the Invisibility cloak and Ron took off to tell Umbridge that Peeves was causing havok in the castle. Soon, Umbridge was storming down the corridor and Harry and Hermione were heading into Umbridge's office. Now we just had to wait.

Emmy was only a few feet away from me so I could speak with her without being heard. "So, how are you holding up?" I asked her, just like I had been asking her daily for the past few weeks.

"I'm doing fine. Fred's written a few times already and I'm just trying to gather my thoughts before responding. I think I'm almost ready to forgive him though."

"That's great. I'm sure he feels dead awful about what he did."

"That's another reason I've been holding out; I'm trying to make him feel worse. Just for good measure, you know?" she smirked, her face quickly turning back into the one I know and love.

"That's my girl," I laughed.

"What about you? How are you dealing with everything?"

"I'm doing.....alright. I could be better but, you know... I'm decent all the same. I'm alive and breathing and that's all that matters at the moment."

She nudged me with her elbow and smiled. "You'll be happy before long, I know this," she winked. 

Everything that happened after that was a blur and before I knew it, Crabbe was holding my hands behind my back with great force. I was losing my circulation and I knew for a fact I would have bruises in the morning.

I looked around the room to find that everyone was restrained by a Slytherin, including Neville who had tried to help Ginny. He was being held by Draco.

Our wands had all been confinscated so we were defenseless. "So, Potter," Umbridge said. "You stationed lookouts around my office and you sent this buffoon," she nodded at Ron, "to tell me the poltergeist was wreaking havoc in the Transfiguration department when I knew perfectly well that he was busy smearing ink on the eyepieces of all the school telescopes, Mr. Filch having just informed me so. Clearly, it was very important for you to talk to somebody. Was it Albus Dumbledore? Or the half-breed, Hargrid? I doubt it was Minverva McGonagall, I hear she is still too ill to talk to anyone..."

Harry was shaking from anger at this point, "It's none of your business who I talk to," he spat.

"Very well," she said in her sickly-sweet bubblegum voice. "Very well, Mr. Potter... I offered you the chance to tell me freely. You refused. I have no alternative but to force you. Pansy, go fetch Professor Snape."