Solomon's Child Part 7

The guild was completely silent as they watched the Master. A few minutes earlier Mira had run down the stairs yelling about how one of the S-class missions had gone missing and after the master's initial surprise he simply shut his eyes and crossed his arms in thought.

"Some fool was dumb enough to steal an S-class mission?" Wakaba questioned Mira, the silver haired barmaid nodding in response.

"Whoever it was they must be pretty stupid to steal one of those missions." Laki declared, nearly every member of the guild nodding in agreement.

"Oh, I know who took it. A little blue cat snuck up here and snatched it from the board." Laxus casually declared as he leaned back on his chair.

"So Natsu and Happy huh? Can't really say I'm surprised about that." Macao said with a sigh.

"Then that's probably why Lucy hasn't shown up this morning, she must have gotten dragged into this as well." Cana commented as she surveyed the crowd but couldn't see any sign of the blonde mage.

"Those three have quite the guts to steal a S-class mission." Alzack commented seriously, Bisca nodding along with him.

"I knew Natsu was stupid, but I didn't think that Lucy was on his level."

"That's a serious breach of guild rules. You're not gonna let this one slide, are ya Gramps?" Laxus arrogantly asked, the Master ignoring the jab hidden in his words.

"Laxus! If you saw Happy steal the mission why didn't you stop him!" Mira angrily chastened as she once again climbed the stairs, her hands on her hips and a scowl on her face.

Laxus however couldn't care less for her anger, simply shrugging at the barmaid. "All I saw was a cat trying to be sneaky with a piece of paper in its mouth. I had no way to know if it was Happy or not. And besides, I would never dream that Natsu would break the rules."

Mira glared daggers at the blonde mage, a look that would have sent any other member of the guild scurrying away but only caused the arrogant mage to chuckle.

"It's been a long time since you've given me that look."

"Well this isn't going to go well...what job did the fools take?" The Master asked.

"Solving the curse of Galuna Island." Mira answered, her eyes never leaving Laxus.

Instantly the guild was in an uproar, everyone shocked by the sheer stupidity of taking the mission that had not been completed by any of the many guilds in Fiore for over a year. And Natsu thought that he had the stones to solve the curse of Galuna?

"Laxus! Go and retrieve those fools at once!" The Master commanded as he leapt down from the bar counter and walked into the center of the guild in order to see his grandson better.

"You wish Gramps, but I've got better things to do then going to play baby sitter for Pinky." Laxus dismissed at first before remembering who exactly the dumbass dragon slayer had paired up with. A cruel smile spread over his lips as he stared down at his grandfather. "Actually gramps, I would be happy to go if it gives me the chance to play around with that new Blondie."

Mira plinked in surprise for a second before slamming her hand down on the table, her glare only growing worse as she continued to glare.

"If you touch one hair on her head Laxus..."Mira threatened, causing Laxus to simply laugh loudly to himself.

"Ha! Don't worry, I don't mean like that. I mean that she looks like she could put up a halfway decent challenge. Although, I wouldn't mind tussling around with her like that since she's got such a smoking figure."