Solomon's Child Part 25

The walk back to the local in was so strange that even Natsu was able to pick up on it, even if he was vibrating with such barely constrained rage that he was having trouble containing himself. Erza, Gray, and the others kept making faces that were alternating between worry and suspicion, while Tiria looked almost bored, her hands over her head while she whistled a tune that seemed almost designed to grate on Natsu's nerves.

A part of him, hell most of him if he was being completely honest, wanted to just grab the little witch by her cloak and shake her until she gave up Luce's location. Sure, she was kinda strong and all that, and Luce might get mad at him for hurting another survivor of that institute place she grew up, but the damn little slayer was holding out on them!

After dropping her little bomb about Luce being captured by the Heartfilia Institute Tiria had insisted that they go back to the inn for the night and rest. Erza had tried to argue against that plan, saying that they needed to rush to Lucy's aid, but Tiria had simply turned her head away and said that she wouldn't talk unless she got something to eat and a nap. Erza had been practically been foaming at the mouth at the green-haired girls disrespect, but she eventually gave in and began to lead them back to town.

Damn it all! Luce's out there, hurt or somethin' but here we are just wasting our time on food!...ok, I might be a little hungry too after that quick fight and all but still!

"So, do you always look this stupid or is this just because you're thinking more than normal?" Natsu's thoughts were interrupted when Tiria decided to stop whistling only to mock him.

Natsu couldn't help himself this time, he really did whirl around and grab the girl by her shirt, his fire burning to life around him as he growled at the girl in his hands. "What the hell was that? You lookin' for another fight?" he threatened.

However, Tiria didn't seem disturbed in the slightest, casually staring at him before gazing up at the sky. "Honestly, I ask a simple question and he freaks out...I really can't see what she sees in you losers." She muttered under hear breath, likely knowing full well that all the slayers around her could hear her, before glaring down at Natsu with a expression full of contempt. "I was just worried you were going to burn yourself out thinking too hard. Wouldn't want you to go down before the real fighting starts."

"Huh? What the hell are you talkin' about? I'm not gonna lose to anyone, least of all my own brain!" Natsu shouted back as their group came to a stop, Erza watching the enraged fire dragon slayer carefully in case he lost control.

"Heh, could've fooled me. Especially since you were giving such a piss poor showing during that last fight." The water dragon slayer continued to mock, Natsu's gaze turning red in anger for a brief moment as he considered actually punching her in the face.

However, before he could even pull back his arm, Gray's hand stopped him. "Knock it off Natsu, this isn't gonna get us anywhere."

"Natsu...please." Happy whined from his spot on the ground, the blue Exceed's face filled with worry for their missing partner.

Natsu's anger disappeared faster than flames doused in water, the fire dragon slayer releasing a deep breath before lowering the infuriating slayer.

"Thought so." Tiria said, her voice sounding almost...disappointed? Sad? Natsu couldn't quite make it out. But before he could think too long on it the girl brushed past him. "Now if your done can we get back to town? I'm starving."

"Hold for a moment." Erza commanded, the water dragon slayer turning back with a look on her face that lacked any patience. "I understand that you require food, and have acquiesced to your request, but please...please tell us what exactly has happened to our friend." Erza pleaded, actually bowing her head in a show of submission that no one present would've expected from her in a thousand years.