Solomon's Child Part 35

"While I cannot think of any mortal who deserves their rest more than you, it is time to wake up Descendant. Your long rest is finally at an end." A voice that Lucy vaguely recognized called out, drawing the blonde from her dreamless sleep. Slowly blinking away her sleep, Lucy rose to a seated position as she tried to make sense of her surroundings. Gone was the smell of the ocean and the dirt and trees that had surrounded her moments ago. Gone was the dragon who had been threatening Fairy Tail only moments ago.

Instead she found herself surrounded by massive towers of a golden city, a blue sky, a massive ornate gate, and just off to the side of the slab of stone she found herself resting on was a hole in creation that was waving at her.

"Welcome back to the land in between the mortal and all others, Descendant of Solomon. Did you have a nice nap?" The hole asked, a hole that now had silver hair and red eyes.

"...You are...the Guardian? H-how...am...I..." Lucy started to ask before trailing off, her eyes going wide as she realized that she remembered this hole in reality. Which while normally wasn't cause for concern, but considering that she had only met the Guardian after she had joined Fairy Tail, something she hadn't been able to recall before now.

"I...I remember." Lucy breathlessly muttered as she desperately tried to recall everything that she could, and found that she could remember it all. She remembered the incident at Hargeon, the day Natsu brought her to her new home. She remembered the horror of the Master of Phantom Lord, Jose, kidnapping her from Magnolia and the resulting battle that occurred when her friends fought to get her back. She didn't remember much of the battle against the Oración Seis, but that was more due to the fact that she had been possessed for the majority of that battle, but she did recall what happened right before and after said battle.

She remembered everything, and the wave of emotion that was brought forward from said memories threatened to overwhelm her now that she had unsealed her dragon magic.

Lucy tried to ask why this had happened, to ask how she was here in this necropolis, but all that she managed to get out was a few chocked sobs as she pressed her hand against her mouth and cried uncontrollably. She was whole again.

The Guardian said nothing as Lucy had her emotional breakdown, simply stared at her with sad, understanding eyes, eyes it had somehow acquired since the last time the dragon slayer had seen the human shaped hole in reality.

Lucy wasn't sure just how long she kneeled there crying but eventually her tears slowly dried up and her breathing slowed and calm returned. She stood and once again returned her attention to the Guardian, just then noticing that the hole now had a full head of white hair in a similar style of Lucy's own, a sight that the blonde wasn't ashamed to admit was somewhat unnerving considering the rest of its features was still missing beyond the eyes...crimson eyes...It-it can't be! Lucy denied in shock as she recalled a certain fact that the other had told her about her most recent bout of possession; that her eyes had glowed crimson the entire time.

But for the moment she would put aside that question, as the restoration of her memories took priority. "Hello Guardian, were you the one who restored my memories of Fairy Tail?" Lucy questioned, the hole nodding the area that would be considered a human head.

"I did. Since your body has been sealed for so many years it was a perfect time to summon your soul back to the gate and put you back together. With how events are moving, I could not afford to leave you a lesser being than what you should be."

"...I don't quite get it, but thank you, thank you so much." Lucy replied, her voice filled with an emotion that she couldn't quite identify, but one that seemed to fill her chest with warmth. "And while I am thankful...I have to ask, since you have red eyes now...are you-?"