Solomon's Child Part 34

While Lucy's gaze might have been on the sky, the elemental mage noting that the storm was growing worse as the night wore on, but her attention was anywhere but on the heavens.

It had happened again, once she had once again lost control of her body to some form of unknown entity, said existence easily usurping her body and fighting her fight on her behalf. Was it some sort of Elemental? An ancient spirit? Or perhaps it was some form of formless demon?

No, there's no point to trying to figure out its nature. It is better to try and determine its intent...not that I have any more information in that regard. Lucy thought grimly as she thought back to her admitted scattered memories, finding nothing that would help.

Bickslow and Freed spoke of names that the entity had used, along with its unique way of speaking, but not a single name they offered gave her any clues. Agares? Gamigin? She had never heard names like these, and could not definitively determine if they were indeed names, yet at the same time...she couldn't help but feel a sense of recognition when she heard those words. A recollection that sent a cold shiver down her spine that had nothing to do with the foul weather.

But her thoughts were interrupted when a heavy hand landed on her shoulder, the blonde tensing for a fraction of a second as she fought off her immediate instinct to attack the owner of the offending appendage, Lucy turning to see Natsu staring at her seriously.

"Alright Luce, we're good ta go! Ready to go beat the crap out of this Hades loser?" The pink-haired slayer asked, Lucy blinking in surprise for a second before replying.

"I'm coming as well? I thought that I would be remaining here with the wounded?" the elemental summoner questioned. Not that she didn't want to go after the Master of Grimoire Heart, if anything it was the opposite. She had been fighting against her desire to immediately go after the man who had brought this battle to their shores. Her instincts practically screaming at her to hunt down those who had invaded her territory. And it was because of those instincts that she felt it would be better for her to remain behind. Even though she had suggested that they go on the offensive, she eventually felt that it would be best if she remained behind in case another member of Grimoire Heart decided to attack their wounded.

But apparently her guildmate felt differently. "Heck no! You're my partner Luce, even if our partnership is on hold 'cause of the S-class trial, so why wouldn't you come with us? Besides..." Natsu paused, his expression growing serious as he gazed into her eyes. "I know you wanna beat up their Master just as much as I do."

Lucy's eyes widened at that; the dragon slayer having completely forgotten that she wasn't the only one here who was likely itching for a fight. Her gaze turned to the youngest slayers, Lucy seeing that Wendy and Tiria too looked far angrier than she had ever seen. And it wasn't just the four of them either, all those gathered looked prepared for battle, even their more injured members. That's right, we all want revenge for what happened to the others...and if everyone feels like I should be one of the ones who gets our vengeance...then who am I to argue?

"Then have we decided who will be attacking?" Lucy asked, Natsu nodding his head in conformation.

"Yep. It's gonna be me, you, Wendy Tiria, The Exceeds, and Artemis." Natsu announced, Lucy blinking slowly in surprise.

"Just us? Shouldn't we bring more? This is the man who beat our Master after all."

"Nah, we'll be fine! Plus, there's no way that the others out there aren't thinking the same thing as us! I'm sure we'll at least meet up with Erza on our way there!" Natsu declared as he smacked his fists together.

"It is as Natsu says. Ms. Levy and myself will remain behind to shore up our defenses while the others protect us. It is up to the four of you to defeat the enemy's leader." Freed summarized, the others nodding their head in confirmation.