Nora Isn't The Only One With Romance Problems

Sixteen-Nora Isn’t The Only One With Romance Problems

I roll onto my side, eyes still closed. I roll a little more, but then I fall off and hit the ground with a grunt. I forgot I’m sleeping on the couch, and not my prison cell. The boys wouldn’t let me go near my room for some reason, hence why I’m now on the ground.

I open my eyes to see Charles sitting in the chair next to me, looking down at me with a smirk full of amusement. “Your stupid.”

I stick my tongue out at him. “I forgot I’m not in my bed.” I sit up, stretching and groaning. Bart walks in casually and does a double take on me.

“Fell off?” He asks and I nod. He chuckles and I glower at him. Charles is gone in an instant, leaving me and Bart.

I sigh. “I need to talk to him, but he keeps disappearing.”

“Why do you need to talk to him?” He raises an eyebrow.

“Can you keep a secret?”

He shakes his head, poking his tongue on the inside of his cheek. “No.” I glower at him again. “I mean yes! Pfft, of course I can.”

I roll my eyes, but continue. “Charles kissed me. Twice. The day after he took me to the hotel, but that’s it. He hasn’t talked to me since.” I say in a whisper.

Bart just stares at me, looking shocked. “Wow. I know why he cant be around you right now then. And before you ask why, I’m gonna answer it now: I cant tell you.”

“Who can tell me?” I throw my hands up in the air.

“Charles. But when he’s ready.” My ears perk at that. All I need to do is to get Charles to tell me? Piece of cake. Sort of.

I stand up and head upstairs, Bart hot on my trail. I swear, sometimes I feel like I’m a celebrity who cant get any privacy. I jog over to Nell’s door, not even bothering to knock first. I swing it open.

“Rise and shine-” I stop dead in my tracks to gape.

Clinton and Nell making out on her bed.

They pull apart and we all just gape at each other for a moment. Me and Bart stare at them, Nell and Clinton stare at us. After what seems like forever, me and Bart break out into knowing smiles.

“We’ll leave you two alone.” I grin.

“Nora, it’s not what it-” I slam the door on my sister.

Bart grins at me. “Looks like your not the only one with romance problems.” He waggles his eyebrows at me. I chuckle and shove him out of my way, going towards my room but Bart stops me. “You are not going in there. You’ll ruin your surprise.”

“Ooh, surprise?”

“Nora, stay here. I’ll get your clothes.” He opens the door a crack and locks it so I cant come in. Two minutes later he comes out with a black tank top that says, ‘Every Girl Needs A Vampire’, ripped jean shorts that are cut really low, black ankle boots, some underwear and a bra. Gee, thanks Bart.

“Bart! I can't wear this t-shirt!”

He smirks. “Show Charles what he’s missing.”

An evil grin makes it’s way onto my face. “Grab me my makeup.”

His smirk gets wider. “There you go, girl!”

I dress in the things Bart got me, and I toss my brown, now wavy, hair over my shoulders. My lips now stained with pink bubblegum lipstick, and black eyeliner and black mascara perfectly on my olive green eyes, making my eyelashes look big. I come out of the bathroom, grinning like the girl I am. Bart’s eyes widen.