The Answers I've Been Looking For

Twenty Three-The Answers I’ve Been Looking For

“Nora.” An annoying voice calls. I grumble and continue my sleep. “Nora.” The voice says again.

“Shut up!” I grumble, flipping onto my side.

“Nora, Nora, Nora, Nora, Nora, Nora, Nora, Nora, Nora, Nora, Nora, Nora, No-”

“What!?!” I scream, throwing my blankets off.

Bart grins sheepishly. “Can you make me some pancakes?”

I stare blankly at him while he grins like an idiot. “You woke me up just for pancakes. Correct?” I ask and he nods enthusiastically. “Die.” I say flatly, then bury my head in the pillows.

“Nora!” He whines, dragging the ‘a’ out in my name. “Please? Edward told me to shove it, and my other brothers cant even boil water, including me. Nell calls me the butler, so she told me that I’m suppose to do the cooking. Butler? Is she sick in the head or something?”

I groan. “Bart, sometimes I love you, and sometimes I want to strangle you. This is one of those times. So I suggest to leave me alone, before I hit you with a brick.”

“First of all, bricks do no harm to me. Second of all, I’m hungry. Make me pancakes!”

“Bartholomew. Leave. Me. The. Hell. Alone.”

He grumbles. “You asked for it.” Then I hear him leave. Finally, peace and quiet. Not even ten seconds later I hear talking and two pairs of footsteps.

“…So can you please get her up?” Bart’s voice enters.

“I’ll try.” The other voice says boredly. Some footsteps come closer, and the next thing I know I’m being lifted from my comfortable bed.

“Oh my god!” I screech, hitting Charles’s back with my fists. “Put me down, asshole!”

“Henry’s right. You do have a nice ass.” He chuckles, making me shriek more. I’m only in a spaghetti strap that goes to my belly button and super short shorts.

“Charles, put me down!”

“Fine. We’re here anyways.” He smirks, setting me on the kitchen counter. I curse under my breath while I rub my eyes.

“You two are assholes.” I mutter.

Bart frowns. “Last time I checked I had one, but I’m not one.”

I ignore him and hop of the counter, crossing my arms defiantly. “I’m not cooking pancakes. I want to go back to sleep. And since you carried me down here, your carrying me back up there.” I put my hands in the air. “Take me away, peasant!”

Charles frowns. “I’m not a p-”

“Take me away, peasant!” I repeat louder.

Bart stomps his foot. “Please Nora! I do everything for you!” He pouts, and starts the big puppy eyes.

I sigh. “Chocolate chip or peanut butter?”

His eyes light up. “Little bit of both?”

“Fine.” I grab the frying pan and start my cooking.

“Charlie, watch Nora. I need to find Henry because he has my football. Be good you two!” Bart waggles his eyebrows and then he’s gone.

I grumble under my breath while Charles sits on the counter, watching me cook. I frown. “You could at least help me.”