A Threatening Threat That Threatens Me

so yep...here ya go...

Seventeen-The Threatening Threat That Threatens Me

“Nora, get up.” Someone huffs. I grunt, shooing away whoever it is. “Nora! Get up!” I grumble, turning to my side with my eyes closed.

“Nell! Shut the god damn radio off! I will suffocate you in your sleep!” I growl. Just leave me alone…I feel something shooting sparks up my spine and my eyes dart open to see Charles.

With his lips on mine.

He pulls away, mumbling something to himself. “That got you up, huh?” He smirks.

I narrow my eyes at him. I refuse to talk to him, since he wont tell me his ‘secret.’ “Don’t do that again.” I hiss, jumping off the couch in the process. Nobody, I repeat nobody, will let me into my room. I have know clue what they’re doing, but I really don’t care. The couch is way more comfortable than my cot.

Bart’s at my side, handing me my clothes and guiding me towards the bathroom. Literally. His hands on my shoulders, my eyes still half closed from the sleep and the kiss, while he moves me towards the bathroom. I throw on whatever he gave me, and I look in the mirror and gasp.

That boy is dead.

I quickly jump out of the bathroom, seeing Bart snicker at my outfit. “Bart! Get me different clothes! I’m not walking around wearing this! I look like a slut!” I glance down, with a grimace, at my clothing. A zebra skirt that is too many sizes to small, barely covering my ass. A black shirt that doesn’t even cover my stomach, just my chest. It’s like a tube top, only covering my chest. To top it off, I have these zebra pumps to match. I swear, these aren’t even my clothes, more like my sister’s.

He smirks. “Too bad.”

“Bart!” I stomp my foot, glaring at him. This is the downside to brothers, they always torture you, no matter how old they are. And this one’s 144.

He just shrugs, grinning evilly, pulling me towards the kitchen. Oh hell no. I stop in my tracks, leaving him to drag me there. “Bart! Stop! Let me go!” I pull at his arm when we’re in the kitchen.

Henry drops his fork when everybody looks up at me. I narrow my eyes. “Stop looking at me like that! Bart wont let me into my room and he picked these clothes out, not me!”

Bart smirks, sitting down and stuffing his face with pancakes. I grumble while I sit down, eyes still trained on me. Especially Charles.

“Nora, did you go through my closet?” Nell asks accusingly. Oh, so these are Nell’s clothes.

“Bart!” I growl, my eyes snapping to him. He chuckles evilly. I look back at Nell, pointing a finger at Bart. “He picked out my clothes. I told you that already. I would never wear something like this. When was the last time I wore something like this?”

She smirks. “When you we’re drunk at that party and got close to stripping for the whole male population in high school.” I gasp, looking at her with wide eyes while she continues. “Yeah, member your boyfriend Sam?” She laughs. “He had to pull you down off the table with the football team before you could! Oh my god, it was so fun-” I cover her mouth with my hand.

“That’s enough.” I grit through my teeth.

Bart’s already choking on laughter with tears in his eyes while the other brothers laugh hysterically, except for Charles, who seems to be jealous again. It get’s annoying after a while.

“You really did that? I thought you didn’t like parties, Nora?” Henry teases, trying to hide a smile.

“That was in high school. I hate parties now.” I mumble, my face a little red from embarrassment. I gasp, looking up at Nell. “You didn’t tell anybody else about that did you?”

She smirks. “Jenny, Burney, our whole condo complex…” She lists on her fingers make my eyes bulge out of my sockets.

“Nell! How could you!?”

She bursts into laughter. “I’m kidding! Oh your face!” My eyes go back to normal while I flip her the bird. My sister can be evil sometimes.

“If any of you mention that to any other living soul I swear you will be on the next flight to Spain.” I glare at each brother individually.

Charles chuckles shaking his head. “Nora the party animal. Never would have guessed.”

I scowl at him before turning back to my food. “It was one party.”

Nell scoffs. “No way! You went to every party I did. Including prom.” She wiggles her eyebrows at me. “You two were so cute together.” She sighs dreamily.

I grimace. “He was a douchebag.”

“No way!” She argues. “Adorable.”

“He dumped me over the phone! How is that adorable?” I retort.

“Ladies, ladies. Who are we talking about here?” Clinton asks.

“Ray Diamonds.” Me and Nell say at the same time, only she sighs dreamily while I grimace. He was a douchebag.

“So your sister has the hots for him and he dumped you over the phone?” Bart confirms.

I nod then give them all a weird look. “Why am I discussing my ex boyfriends with vampires?”

“That’s what I would like to know. It’s kinda pissing me off.” Charles mumbles under his breath. I sigh and then the doorbell rings, making me jump in surprise. We all freeze, unsure of what to do.

Suddenly, Charles swoops me up in his arms protectively while Clinton does the same with Nell, while the other three go and investigate. Are we seriously gonna do this every time just because the freaking doorbell rings?

“Do you have to wrap your arms around me? It’s not like ninjas are gonna come out of nowhere and attack us all.” I hiss in a whisper.

Charles smirks, bringing me closer to him. “Yeah, but I like this better.” He tightens his grip on me, making me growl. I glance over at Nell who’s really enjoying this, along with Clinton, but I can tell he’s trying to hide it.

I hear the front door open and I hold my breath. Ok, maybe I was scared. Just a little…We hear some cursing and I bury my face into Charles’s chest. Ok! Ok! I’m scared! I can practically hear Charles’s grin on his face when he hugs me a little tighter.

“It’s alright!…” Edward hesitantly adds, “Sort of!” We hear Edward call and I immediately relax taking my head out of his chest.

“Um, Charles? You can let go now.” He reluctantly sighs and let’s me go, now having coldness swoop over me. I slowly step into the living room to see the brothers pacing around now, looking more panicky than ever.

“What’s wrong?” I ask hesitantly.

“They sent us a threat.” Edward grunts, shoving a piece of paper into my hands. I look at it and see cut out letters from magazines spelling a message:

Dear Harris Brothers,

We know you have Nora. Give her to us at Meadow’s Bridge at 2am sharp, otherwise we’ll tell you parents. Tick tock.

I look up at them while Charles re-reads the letter over and over again with his eyes. He swings an arm over me, making me stumble back into him. “We’re not giving them Nora.” He stays sternly.

“Either way she’s gonna-” Clinton stops talking when he see’s my face.

“Either way I’m gonna die.” I whisper softly, finishing what he was about to say.