Don't Worry, Be Happy

this chapter is sort of a filler. but it was definitly fun to write lol:) i'm gonna go eat some french toast sticks now for breakfast, cuz its 10 in the morning. so yeah, i;m hungry. :)

Twenty Seven-Don’t Worry, Be Happy

“Nell’s gone!”

My mind goes blank. This is the one thing I wanted to avoid.

“W-what?” I stutter. I never stutter.

He looks at me with a pained expression. “I’m sorry Nora. I tried, I fucking tried!” He punches the wall next to him. “He wouldn’t let me move otherwise he would have killed Nell, so he ran out the window with her. I’m so sorry Nora.” His voice breaks again, and he punches the wall again.

I shake my head slowly. “It’s not your falt.” A small tear trickles down my cheek. This is what I wanted to avoid. I didn’t want to bring Nell into this. Poor, innocent, Nell. All alone. She could be killed right at this second. Fire burns in my eyes. “That bastard. I want to kill him.” I growl, clenching my fists.

Bart comes over to me and gives me a hug. “Shh, just be quiet Nora.” He comforts. “We’ll get Nell back, I promise.” I nod and let the tears streak out, burying my head into his shirt. This is all my falt. I should have never even brought her here in the first place. She was safer at the condo.

“This is all my falt.” I sob.

Bart pulls me back and looks me in the eyes. “None of this is your falt. If anybody’s it’s Bones. Not one part of this is your falt. You understand?” I nod slowly and he pulls me back into a hug.

“God damn. What happened?” Clinton groans from the floor. “And why is there this huge pain in my side?” That makes me laugh a little bit. It feels good to laugh.

“I don’t like feeling tired. Or groggy.” Henry groans, his face in the carpet.

Edward sits up, alert. “What happened and why am I on the floor?”

“Bones.” Charles growls. “He has Nell.”

“And you guys got stuck with the needles.” Bart adds.

The whole room falls silent, except for my quiet sobs. Clinton looks more sadder than me. “What?” He whispers faintly.

“He has Nell.” I choke out, pulling myself away from Bart. I frown at his shirt. “I did it again.”

He smiles sadly. “Only a shirt, Nora. Only a shirt.”

I sigh and sit on the couch, feeling like the world is pushing me down to the ground. My sister is being held captured by the most wanted vampires in the world. How do I feel about that? Let’s just sum it up without the curse words: Bad. Very, very, bad. And, to top it off, Charles thinks I’m cheating on him with Edward. I groan internally. This day sucks.

“We’ll do everything it takes to get her back Nora. I promise you that.” Clinton says more boldly. I nod and wipe some of my tears away.

“Crying isn’t gonna fix anything.” I murmur to myself.

“I’m going to go upstairs to see if anybody’s still here.” Charles mutters. He glances at everybody, then stares at me with an icy look. I grimace when my heart breaks into pieces.

When Charles is gone, Bart frowns in confusion. “What was that look about?”

I sigh. “You saw that?” I take a deep breath in. “Edward can I tell them?” I look over at him to make sure it’s ok.