Even Blowing Teddy Bears Up Get Charles Jealous

Thirty Two-Even Blowing Teddy Bears Up Gets Charles Jealous

“Nora, get up. I don’t care if your in a hospital or not.” I hear a voice snap flatly.

I groan and toss to my side. “Nell, the guy on the radio said something about hospitals.”

The voice chuckles in amusement. “And you would think that would stop.”

The memories hit me like freezing water, and I groan. I sit up slowly, wincing when my head hurts. I open my eyes to see Charles frowning at me, amusement gone.

“Does your head still hurt?”

I shake my head, trying not to wince. “Not at all. I feel great.”

His frown stays on. “Your lying. This is why the doctor wants you to stay another day.”

“No way! I hate hospitals! It reminds me of-” I shudder. “Nevermind.”

He cocks an eyebrow. “What do hospitals remind you of?”

“My mother. She was a nurse here.” I mumble, averting my gaze to the floor. I see him nod his head and wrap me in his arms. “That and I hate hospital gowns. I feel all exposed.”

That makes him laugh. “Nora, how do you make me laugh even when I’m suppose to feel guilty for you.”

“Why would you feel guilty for me?”

His laugh drops. “Because I wasn’t there to save you. Bones,” His muscles tense, “hit you with a friggin baseball bat. You could have died, Nora. And when I saw you fall at the explosion, I wanted to kill Bones for trying to kill me and you. He even tried killing his own members! He’s sick.”

I pat his back to make him calm down. “Charlie, I’m fine now. Have you ever heard of what goes around comes back around? Bones is gonna get his. Big time.” He sighs and relaxes again, tangling his hands in my hair. He loves doing that.

“BART IS IN THE BUILDING! WITH PRESENTS!” We both hear Bart’s lingering voice enter my room.

“Hey,” Henry scowls, “We brought her stuff too. Don’t take all the credit to yourself.”

Bart scoffs. “What did you get her? A chocolate bar. That you ate.”

Henry raises his hands. “Hey, she might not even like chocolate. Plus I was hungry.”

I turn to see them and my mouth falls to the floor. The four other boys with grins, plus my sister, looks like they bought the whole gift shop up to my room. There’s about 30 balloons in their hands, saying ‘feel better’ or ‘get well soon’. Then there’s huge teddy bears and stuffed animals next to them. The candy in each of their hands makes it look like they robbed a candy store.

I stare at the stuff in shock, disbelief, and amazement. “Guys, did you rob that poor little old lady downstairs in the gift shop?”

Bart smirks and sits in a chair. “It was easy.”

Edward smacks his brother upside the head, making Bart scowl. “No, we bought this stuff. But Bart did want to steal it all.” Of course he did. It’s a Bart thing to do.

Nell giggles and shoves a chocolate box into my hands. “Here. Try the raspberry, it’s delicious!” I roll my eyes and pop one into my mouth, giving her the thumbs up that it’s good. She turns on her heel and goes over to Clinton, cuddling into him. Aww, I think I’ll die of the cuteness.

Clinton sends a glare my way, and I return it. “I swear Clinton, if I could get off this bed you would be in Spain.” I growl, and a goofy grin spreads across his face.