T'hy'la

Wahoo I'm back

Also, many thanks to Ryuno Chu, who very kindly pointed out to me that Vulcans run colder than humans, not hotter, so hopefully I've managed to iron out those mistakes in the last few chapters.

Remember: Vulcan temperatures: cold. Vulcan appearances: hot.

Onwards and upwards, this Chapter is set about 8 hours after the last one (the same day, just at night.) Hope you enjoy x

Also this is my longest ever chapter to date (4400 words) and took a good 4 hours to write, so PLEASE review, because this one took a long time to churn out.

**************************

Cadet Birchwood,

I need to see you in my office at 4:00 sharp tomorrow afternoon.

It is a matter of some urgency.

Professor. S

Well that was never a good sign. T'yonga had snorted with laughter when I had shown her the email, at half past twelve the night after the infamous Kobayashi Maru. We were practically 'campus famous' now. Well, Jim was, at least, I had managed to thankfully keep my name out of the gossip.

"You think he's gonna retract that offer of friendship and replace it with something a little more physical?" she asked, a cheeky grin on her face.

We were out again. I had begrudgingly been dragged to one of the countless clubs in town to celebrate Jim's success, but so far, hadn't even seen him. By the looks of it, he had sneaked off to escape the wrath that I was ready to throw at him. He had dropped me in the shit by telling Spock what I had said about him in that trial, and when I found him, I would be sure to give him a piece of my mind. I turned back to T'yonga, PADD in my hand.

"It says it was sent at 17:50. That was only about five hours after the hearing." I continued, looking at her with something akin to panic in my eyes, "Look at the way that he's written it. He called me 'Cadet Birchwood."

"He always calls you 'Cadet Birchwood,' Alex," she sighed, placing her glass of Bacardi and coke on the table between us, "Stop being paranoid and put that goddamn PADD away."

I smiled and rolled my eyes, but begrudging put my PADD back in my bag, trying to stop the growing sense of unease that was running through my body. Surely something had to be wrong for him to have sent me such a curt email.

My blood turned to ice.

"You don't think he knows that it was me, do you, 'Yong?" I asked, my voice laced with fear. If he knew that I had fucked around with his test, that was it for me, I would be out of Starfleet before I could even say a word in my own defence.

She smiled and took another sip of her drink before resting her arms on the table, "I think that this is the first time you've ever broken the rules, and you're beating yourself up about it. Loosen up, Alex. You cleared every trace of your I.P address from that server, there is no way in hell that pointy eared bastard could find out that it was you."

She was right. I took a small sip of my glass of red wine, a celebration calls for a classy drink, and nodded at her.

"True. True. Alright, Spock off the brain. Have you seen Jim around?"

Her face dropped at my question, and I leaned forwards, concerned. Usually she was gushing to tell me about her boyfriend, so why was she being so quiet all of a sudden?

"What's wrong?"

She sighed, stirring her drink with the tip of her finger and looking at me with blank eyes.