Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Jax lay with Ariana curled up against his side, still in the passage hiding from the rain, the storm hadn’t let up and he planned to use that as an excuse later with their parents when they asked why they were so late. He watched as she slept, she had one hand tucked under her cheek and the other across his stomach. They were both still naked as the day they were born.

He let his eyes roam the curve of her waist up her ribcage to her back then back down to her perky butt and nice shapely legs. Her hair was a wild mess around her shoulders, her mouth was pouty. She looked well satisfied if he did say so himself.

He bushed her hair away from her face and called her name.

“Hmm?” she woke.

“Are you still tired?”

She cracked one eye open. “Why?”

“I’m not.”

Her eyes widened and she sat up on her forearms. “Shouldn’t you be? Or is it because I’m inexperienced?” her brows creased as she gave this too much thought.

He smiled and decided to tease her. “I guess all that experience does come in handy for stamina.” He laughed as her face tightened with anger. He leaned in and kissed her cheek. “What are you trying to ask me?” he knew what she was getting at but he wanted her to trust him enough to be straightforward.

She bit her lip out of anger and then asked. “How many girls have you been with?”

He leaned in closer until she was forced to lay on her back. “How many do you think?” he ran his hand down between her breasts and liked how she wiggled against him.

“Jax, I’m being serious.” She was trapped under his weight and had no choice but to surrender as he took her sensitive nipple between his lips. “Crap.”

He chuckled against the sensitive nub. “Crap?”

“I can’t think straight when you do this and I wanted a straight answer! The number must be high if you’re trying to distract me.”

He moved up and looked at her face. “Or the opposite.” He rested his head down on her shoulder. “I’ve never went this far with a girl before.”

“I find that hard to believe.”

He looked up again. “Really? Have you met me? I’m not a big fan of letting anyone get too close but with you I couldn’t turn away. You sucked me in from the very start.”

She brushed his hair behind his ear. “I was your first?”

“Yes.”

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“I didn’t want you to be scared I didn’t know what I was doing. I’ve read a lot of books, I was confident I wouldn’t fail the task.” He teased again as his hands started moving once more.

She grinned. “You didn’t. Jax wait,” she grabbed his hands before they went anymore south. “we’re supposed to be home.”

“I’ve thought of that. It’s a really bad storm out there, they wouldn’t want us driving in it so we pulled over and waited for it to slow down.”

“And we didn’t call them because?”

“Cells were down in this area, we’ll call later.” He didn’t need his hands to do what he wanted to her. As the last word left his mouth he was inside her again.

“Those…must be….some really good…books.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down closer to her.

It was another hour later when they got dressed and decided it was time to go home as it was getting dark out. “Can you tell?” Ariana asked him as she adjusted her shirt.

“Tell what?”

“That I had sex?” she was worried.

“Do you think they’ll be able to read it on your face?” his lips twitched the the urge to tease her.

“Don’t laugh!” 

In the blink of an eye he was at her side and pulling her into her arms. “No there are no words on your face that said you had sex. You look like you got caught in the rain, that’s it.” he bent and kissed her. “It’s going to kill me to go home and act like nothing happened.” He grabbed her hand next and together they ran out through the park back to the car. He kept holding her hand the whole time as he drove and only let go when they reached the house.

“Where have you been?” Mary exclaimed as she pulled Ariana into her arms. “I was worried sick.”

“We got stuck in the rain.” Jax answered. “Our cells died and it was too dangerous to keep driving until it slowed down.”

“I’m glad you waited it out.” Mitch agreed. “There’s nothing worth an accident.”

“Mom, I can’t breathe.” Ariana tried to get out of her mother’s grasp but she wasn’t letting up. “Mom?”

“Don’t ever scare me like that.” Mary pulled back, kissed her forehead then let her go.

A wave of guilt crashed into her, yes there was a terrible storm outside but that hadn’t been the reason she drove her mother crazy with fear. She knew Jax was worth the lies and the guilt she felt but sometimes she just wanted to yell the truth and have everyone know. Would it really be that bad, that forbidden? It wasn’t like she grew up with Jax as a brother. She had never thought of him as one.

“You probably have some homework to get done.” Mary commented.

“Nah she probably did it in the car.” Julie teased.

Ariana chuckled weakly. “No I still have some.”

“The both of you go get showered and changed out of these wet clothes and I’ll have dinner reheated.” Mary explained.

Jax and Ariana shared a look, both wishing they could’ve shared that shower but instead she went to the upstairs bathroom and he went to the basement one.