Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Ariana made the decision to hibernate in her room after breakfast that morning. She was scared she’d look at Jax too hard or they’d slip up and touch each other in front of their parents or Julie. They couldn’t take that risk so she reasoned it was better they stay away from each other at home, especially after last night in the bathroom.

She was typing a report when Julie came bouncing into her room. “Isn’t that due after you go back to school, in two weeks?” the young girl asked, she couldn’t believe her eyes.

“I have the time now.” Ariana said innocently with a shrug. It was either get a jump on her homework or something else equally as boring. “What are you up to?”

Julie walked over to the bed and sat. “I’m bored out of my mind. Let’s you and me do something.”

Ariana saved her report and closed it. “Like what?” she and Julie got along very well but they had never done anything together like sisters.

“Let’s go to the mall and scoop out some cute boys.” She clasped her hands together in excitement. “You can’t say no, it’ll be our bonding thingy away from Mary and dad. Oh like a girls day out.”

Ariana couldn’t say no, not when Julie was that excited. “Ok, let’s get ready and go.” She knew her mother wouldn’t have a problem with them borrowing the car. After Julie ran from the room Ariana got up and went to the closet to find something decent to wear.

After nearly ten minutes of searching she opted to skip her usual skirt for her old pair of ripped jeans and along with it she grabbed her favorite Apocalytica t-shirt, she was in love with that rock band. The t-shirt was grey with swirls of white making up the logo. After clipping her chair she ran downstairs to wait for Julie who would need some more time getting ready since cute boys might be around.

Jax was stepping out of the kitchen into the living room as she stepped off the stairs. “That’s a different look.” His eyes moved along her jean clad legs, the material was pretty tight.

“Julie and I made some plans to get out of the house and I thought I should wear something different from my school clothes.” She glanced around and noted for the time being they were alone. “What are you up to?”

“I might have to go take a cold shower.” He kept staring at her, his eyes going from her legs to her chest then back to her legs. “Have you decided what you’re wearing to the party?”

“No.”

“Wear those jeans.”

Ariana smiled and realized it was pretty nice to have a boy lusting after you, there was no mistaking how much he was appreciating her appearance right now. “Ok.”

He took a few steps closer to her. “Do you have any special requests?”

She shook her head. “No.” she didn’t care what he wore because he looked so damn good in everything and nothing, he really didn’t have a bad look from where she was standing. Sometimes she hated him for it, it had to be a sin to be as beautiful as Jax was.

He stepped back before they both did something stupid. “Have fun with my sister.”

“Have fun with your shower.”

He chuckled as he walked away. “Tease.”

Ariana was all smiles as she grabbed her mother’s car keys and left a note saying where they’d be. She figure her mom was probably upstairs getting some weekend cleaning done or some other activity and it’d be pointless to bother her.