Chapter 4: Tadashi's Death

Characters:

Hiro Hamada

Tadashi Hamada

Celestine Serena Maeda

Go Go Tomago

Honey Lemon

Fred

Wasabi

Robert Callaghan

Aunt Cass Hamada

Plot:

Just then, a fire breaks loose at the school and the brothers immediately rush to the action. While most civilians manage to escape, Tadashi learns from a survivor that Callaghan is still trapped inside the burning building. With no help around to save him, Tadashi volunteers his own life. A fearful Hiro immediately stops his brother.

"Tadashi, NO!!"

"Callaghan's in there. Someone has to help."

But reluctantly allows the decision upon seeing Tadashi's humanity and motivation to rescue his mentor. After rushing inside, the building violently explodes, killing Tadashi (even though his final moments are not shown, the junior novelization implies that he was crushed by a falling beam). After Tadashi's death, the people of San Fransokyo mourn his loss while a heartbroken Hiro falls into a deep state of depression.

Hiro stays home for the few weeks and never goes out causing his Aunt Cass to worry. She's giving him a breakfast but he's not eating. After the week when Tadashi died, Serena's mom, Melissa gets her child, Serena to go back to their country, San Francisco due to her sadness and it can cause her to be ill or sick.