Chapter 5: Meeting Baymax and the Team again

Characters:

Hiro Hamada

Baymax

Tadashi Hamada (mention)

Go Go Tomago

Honey Lemon

Fred

Wasabi

Yokai

Aunt Cass Hamada

Plot:

One day, Hiro accidentally activates Baymax, who responded to Hiro's cry of pain.

"Hello, I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion."

"Oh, B-Baymax. I didn't know that you're still active..."

"I heard a sound of distress. What seems to be the problem?"

"Oh I just stubbed my toe a little but I'm fine."

"On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?"

"Zero? No no! It's fine really! You can shrink now..."

As Hiro attempts to deactivate Baymax, he discovers a single microbot that was left in his jacket. Hiro believes its movement is due to a malfunction, but Baymax believes it is trying to go somewhere. After Hiro gives a sarcastic response, the adorably naive Baymax follows the microbot to an abandoned warehouse just as Hiro catches up.

"Are you crazy? What are you doing?!"

"I found the place where your robot wants to go."

"I told you, it's broken! It's not trying to go--" Hiro's sentence was stopped when he looks at the microbot that it really wants to go somewhere and it's the abandoned warehouse. Hiro tried to go inside but it was locked. Baymax saw a small window and Hiro try to get in with Baymax's help. Hiro walk and saw that there were many microbots on the warehouse. He also see a board and some drawings of a portal.

There, they discover that someone has been mass producing Hiro's microbots before they are attacked by a cloaked man wearing a kabuki mask and controlling the microbots telepathically. They barely escape alive. Deducing that the masked man started the fire that killed Tadashi in order to steal the Microbots, Hiro decides to catch him and upgrades Baymax with battle armor and various fighting moves.

Following their single microbot again, they find the masked man at the harbor and attempt to pull a surprise attack, but are unable to when Go Go, Wasabi, Honey and Fred arrive in a car (because Baymax had contacted them earlier, thinking that a great way to help Hiro was to contact his friends). The masked man attacks them as they flee in the car. They land in the water and nearly drown, but Baymax floats them up to safety.