ReaderxDean (6)

Plot:
Dean overhears you confessing your love for him to your best friend.

~~

You know in a scary movie when the music gets really eerie and you know somethings about to happen? You can almost see that something is about to scare the living shit out of you, but it still scares you anyway? That's what it was like when you finally realized that you were in love with Dean. It snuck up on you like a jumpscare, you anticipated it, but it still freaked you the fuck out.

You knew you couldn't run from your feelings forever. They would surface at one point or another, but if you could keep them at bay for a little while longer then, well, that would be perfect. There was only one person who knew about your feelings for Dean, and that was your best friend. Telling her was a big step, you didn't want to feel that way for Dean, and admitting it to another person kind of made it all that more real.
It wasn't hard to run from your feelings, you had been practiced in hiding your feelings and emotions for a long time, so you didn't really have to worry about whether Dean would find out or not. Now if only your best friend could stop bugging you about it every day.

"I'm telling you, (Y/N), you could just tell him. What's the worse that could happen?" You rolled your eyes for what felt like the 100th time that day. There was not stopping this girl.

"It's not going to happen." You muttered, glancing at where she sat in the chair situated in the corner of your room in the bunker. You were pacing around picking up clothes and junk that was littered around.

"Why not?" She whined and you huffed, looking up at her and gritting your teeth. Placing your hands on your hips you stated,

"What am I supposed to do? Walk up to him while he's having a beer in the kitchen and say, 'Hey, Dean, just to let you know, I've been in love with you for nearly 2 years.'" You spat angrily. "No. It's not going to happen. It will stay hidden and he will not find out. You will not tell him." You pointed at her, just in time for her eyes to flick up behind you.

"Uhm, I'm not going to tell him, (Y/N), I'm pretty sure he already knows." You furrowed your eyebrows, now worrying a little, how would he have found out? She rose slowly from the chair and walked over to you. "I'm sorry." She whispered before slipping past you. You turned to follow her movement trying to catch her arm as she left the room, but something stopped you. Or someone.

There, stood in the doorway, staring at you, with an emotion you couldn't quite place, was none other than the person you had just been talking about. You swallowed the lump in your throat and started to panic.

"No. No. No." You started backing away from the door, not having anywhere to go, but feeling like you needed to get as far away from the situation as possible. "Shit. Shit. No. You were not supposed to hear any of that. Fuck Please tell me I'm dreaming and I am going to wake up from this horrible nightmare. Fuck. No...."

You trailed off, mumbling curses and incoherent things to yourself as you started to breath heavily, looking from Dean to the walls and back, not knowing where to go or what to do. Dean noticed the now full on panic attack that you were having and swiftly made his way closer to you.

"Hey, hey, (Y/N). listen to me." He started softly, not reaching out to you just yet, but getting closer so he was in your personal space. You abruptly stopped talking and mumbling, and bringing your arms around yourself in a sort of hug you looked up into Deans face, swallowing, your cheeks now red from embarrassment.

"Please tell me I'm dreaming." You whispered again, blinking back tears that were threatening to fall. Dean shook his head, a sweet smile forming on his lips as he gingerly reached out to place a hand on your cheek, his thumb caressing your cheek softly.

"It's not a dream." He spoke softly, hoping to calm you, and make sure you were okay.

"You weren't supposed to find out." You whispered on the brink of crying. You shook your head, effectively making Dean's hand loose contact with your cheek. "You weren't supposed to hear any of that, and now you're going to hate me and stop talking to me and this is the worst thing-"

"Shhh." Dean whispered softly, placing both hands on your face to stop you from moving again. This time you stood still, looking up into his eyes as that was the only option you had. "I most definitely do not hate you, that's for damn sure." You furrowed your eyebrows slightly, still not entirely sure what was going on. That was until Dean leaned in slightly, just enough for you to realize that his gave were now flicking between your lips and eyes.

You swallowed, not moving for fear that you had read the situation wrong, or that he meant something different, or that this was in fact a dream and you were going to wake up. However, you didn't have to move, because a moment later, a soft pair of lips were placed over yours, your eyes closed on instinct, hands flying to Deans waist to anchor yourself, to make it more real.

And then you were kissing him back. And you were doing it with everything you had, everything that you had bottled up over the past two years was in the kiss and nothing could be better. Or that's what you thought until you could feel Dean smiling into it, causing you to smile also, effectively ruining the kiss but neither of you cared. And before you knew it you were laughing lightly, lips still pressed to Deans.

"I can't kiss you if you do that." Dean groaned as he pulled back, but he was smiling so you knew he didn't mind. You replied with a small 'sorry' before placing a hand on the back of his neck and pulling his face back to yours, he obliged without complaint once again connecting your lips.

"(Y/BF/N) was right you know." Dean said, pulling out of the kiss and looking down at you, his arms now firmly around your waist holding you tight against him. You raised an eyebrow at him a smile now placed firmly on your lips (one you were sure wouldn't fade for days, maybe even weeks). "You could have just told me, we've been wasting a lot of time not kissing." Dean chuckled, causing you to roll your eyes and laugh a little too.

"Shut Up." You whined softly, pulling him once again downwards in order for his lips to meet yours.
And if that night you made up for lost time, (over and over), then no one had to know.

(Everyone knew though, lets be honest.)

~~

Hope you liked it, I know I haven't updated in a long time but I'm starting to write more things that aren't supernatural based and this kind of fell away a little, you might get a few more updates, but if you want me to write something, anything, to do with bands, other TV shows, etc. drop me a tumblr message and I'll figure it out. Thanks my loves xox

Twitter - @ameliarosetalks
Tumblr - ameliarosetalks.tumblr.com