ReaderxSam (2)

***PLOT***Sam walks in on you playing the Piano and he's amazed***

You normally didn't have time to play, but when you did you jumped at the opportunity. Sometimes you would be able to use your own Piano that resided in the small living room of your apartment. Other times you would have to walk into music shops in order to be able to get the time to play.

This time however you were home, and your hands almost itched to play the ivory keys. Sam was with you though, not that you minded, but he wasn't aware that you even knew how to play the piano. It wasn't something you were open about. So, you waited until he wanted to go on a supply run, and then you were alone. You found yourself sitting at the seat in front of your piano, your hands resting on the keys gently.

You closed your eyes for a moment and allowed yourself to get lost in the soft sound of the notes your were randomly starting to play. You smiled slightly as the notes began to form songs and all you wanted to do was to be able to sit there forever and make music forever. Unfortunately though, time was limited as you weren't all that keen on the idea of Sam walking in and asking questions.

But, for now, you let yourself get immersed in the music, thinking up new notes and new things that made songs and sounded good. Things that you wouldn't normally think of when you weren't sat in the very spot you were sat in now. For a little while nothing you did was anything but music.

You let the music consume you, thinking about nothing but what you're playing, letting the notes drift over you as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Unfortunately, because of your inability to focus on anything but the music, you were unaware of the figure that had appeared in the doorway of the room that was filled with music.

Only when that person shifted their weight from one foot to the other did you become more aware of your surroundings. You hands immediately stopped their delicate movements and you turned slightly in surprise a blush already rising on your cheeks.

"Wow." Was all the person,who you could now see was Sam, said and you cleared your throat awkwardly, and started to bite at the corner of your lips. The silence dragging between you started to become too much and under Sam's gaze you could feel yourself getting hotter and hotter.

"Please stop staring at me like that." You whispered in a small voice that sounded so childlike.You risked a look up at Sam only to see him smiling in the most sincere and sweet way, you couldn't bare to not smile back, so that's what you did. Your smile was shy and reserved, but at least it was there and Sam must have seen the hesitation because he started to make his way over to you. You looked away from him as he lowered himself on the seat next to you.

"I had no idea that you could play." Sam said in just above a whisper and you bit your lip slightly in embarrassment. You shook your head slightly and took a breath.

"Its something I used to do a lot as a kid." You sighed, "you know, before all this started to get out of hand and I got into the life." You smiled, and looked over at Sam for a moment and shrugged.

"You're amazing." Sam said, without hesitation, and so honestly that you almost believed it for a moment, but then you started to shake your head. "You really are. Like, you're amazingly amazing." Sam grinned as you laughed a little at his childlike choice of words.

"I used to be a lot better." You started, looking down at the keys, finding that your fingers followed your eyes not long after. "God, I used to sit at a piano for hours and hours just playing." You smiled fondly at the memory of 10 year old you finding your feet. "I used to be able to sit and play like nothing else mattered, like there was nothing else going on in the world, like there was only me and my piano and nothing could get me." You closed your eyes and smiled even wider, it fell slightly and Sam must have seen it because he said,

"Teach me?" Your eyes snapped open to look at him in disbelief. You swallowed and started to shake your head in protest, but Sam just smiled at you with his puppy dog eyes and repeated in a whisper close to your lips. "Teach me." It was a statement this time and your eyes flickered down to see his lips oh so very close to yours.

You could feel his breath on your lips and they suddenly felt very dry along with your throat. You sighed a little and let your eyes drop closed, Sam stared at you all the while allowing you to come to the decision your were so evidently going to make in the end anyway.

"Okay." You whispered as you opened your eyes only to get lost in the depth and emotion you saw in Sam's brown ones. Sam grinned so wide that his eyes crinkled slightly. He surged forward gently and pressed a kiss to your lips, it was short and sweet but there was everything in it that you needed. When he pulled away he looked expectant.

"Okay." You huffed a little, turning back to the keys, smiling all the while.

You spent the rest of the night teaching Sam how to play simple chords and notes, putting them in the right order to make it sound like something and not just noise. He was over the moon when you told him how well he was doing and when he was concentrating so hard that his tongue was between his teeth, you couldn't help but smile fondly at him.

Needless to say, there wasn't a day after that when you didn't play the piano, and Sam was more than happy to sit and listen, or sit and learn, or just sit while you played. And you couldn't be happier with that.

**Hope you liked it!**

Twitter -- @ameliarosetalks
Tumblr - ameliarosetalks.tumblr.com