ReaderxDean (2)

**Plot**You have a panic attack in the middle of the night**

Dean didn't realize what was happening at first. He had only just got to sleep, and to be honest was pretty pissed that something had woken him up. He groaned and pulled his face up from the pillow and looked over at where you were supposed to be lying next to him. But, you weren't there.

Dean's eyebrows furrowed in worry and he practically shot out of bed only noticing the bathroom light was on after he had reached for his gun. He sighed a little in relief and walked to the door.

"Y/N, babe, you in there?" His voice was gruff from sleep, and he swallowed a few times. There was silence for a moment, and Dean stared at the wood of the door, his jaw clenching the smallest bit.

"Y-yeah, I'll be o-out in a moment." Dean could hear the crack in your voice, and the breathlessness that you were obviously experiencing. He reached for the door handle, only to find that it was locked and he started to panic.

"Are you alright? Let me in." Dean said, his jaw set hard, his eyes boring into the wood of the bathroom door, almost as if he stared at it hard enough it would open.

"I'm f-fine, Dean." You muttered out, but Dean didn't believe you and tried once again to open the door.

"I swear to god, I will break this door down." He said, trying his hardest to stay calm and not let the worry that was starting to fill him up take over. He heard you take a loud shaky breath, then the door clicked and Dean was pushing his way inside.

What he saw made him want to break down, but he knew he couldn't, for your sake. He looked over at you, taking in the way you were leaning heavily on the counter, your shaky breaths and the slight redness around your eyes.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Dean half whispered, coming a little closer to you slowly and cautiously, not wanting to make you feel any worse than you already did. He bit his lip, a thousand thoughts running through his head, and waited patiently for you to respond.

"I-I didn't want you t-to worry." You said, trying your hardest to calm yourself down but you could feel the pressure building once more. Dean saw the change in your posture once again, seeing your knuckles turning white as you gripped the edge of the counter hard.

He came to stand in front of you and he smiled as you looked up into his face. Something about the way you looked at him, full of worry and fear, made his want to take all of that away, even for a little while. Dean leaned in and placed a kiss to your forehead and then rested his head on yours.

"Never, ever, feel like you're worrying me." He whispered, his eyes locked with yours, he never looked so serious about anything. "I need to know that you're okay, and I can't do that if you won't let me help." Dean was allowing you to see this side of him, one that he rarely let anyone see, but he knew that you needed to know these things.

"I don't care if its 4am, or if I'm in the middle of a Dr Sexy marathon, hell, interrupt me while I'm eating pie and I wouldn't give a damn." Dean laughed a little pulling back to look at your face properly, watching you relax slightly and Dean let out a small sigh of relief when you met his gaze.

Dean pushed some hair back from your face and placed another kiss on your forehead, wanting to make sure you knew just how much he loved you, but not wanting to just say it.

"You think you can come back to bed and let me cuddle you?" Dean laughed a little, and his face screwed up at how un-manly it sounded, but it made you laugh a little so he didn't really care. He saw you nod the slightest bit and a wide smile crossed his features.

Gently, almost as if you were a china doll, Dean pulled you to him and held you close, noticing how your breathing had slowed down slightly, returning to its natural state. Dean let out yet another sigh in relief. Dean allowed you to make yourself comfortable before laying behind you and pulled your back against his chest. Your breathing had returned to normal now, and Dean smiled into your neck as you snuggled further back into his chest.

"I know this must be hard for you," Dean started, not really knowing where he was going with the start of this conversation, but he carried on anyway. "But, I just need you to know, that I am here for you." He placed a kiss to your neck. "I promise that no matter what happens, I will always be here to help you get through anything." His voice was soft and low, conveying just how serious he was about it.

"I know." You whispered, your eyes clouding slightly with un-shed tears, but of happiness this time, not of worry or sadness. You could feel Dean smile into your skin and you turned in his arms to be able to look at him. "Thank you." Dean's face lit up and he shook his head slightly, leaning down to kiss you firmly.

"No need to thank me, it's in the job description of being an awesome boyfriend." As you laughed Dean watched you in awe and couldn't help but fall in love with you just that little bit more. "Now, get some rest, and please, do not tell my brother tomorrow that I'm going soft." You laughed once more and smiled, but nodded in agreement. You wanted to save this Dean for yourself anyway, so there was no problem there.

"I love you, Dean Winchester." You muttered sleepily into his chest and Dean's insides actually warmed, just like all other times you had said it to him.

Somehow, he never quite believed it, but hearing you say it with such honesty made him want to jump for joy. He didn't, he just laid there with is arms tightly wrapped around you, holding you close to him, listening to your breathing even out, and that alone was enough to nearly send him to sleep.

"I love you too, sweetheart." He mumbled into your hair, before the call of sleep was too much and he was drifting peacefully.

**If you want me to write something for you, drop me an ask on here or on tumblr and I'll get round to it eventually**

Twitter - @ameliarosetalks
Tumblr - ameliarosetalks.tumblr.com