Chapter 2

CHAPTER TWO

I rushed over to the quickly submerging car and was hit with the icy cold water but pushed myself to go on. I peered into the windows and could see three people stuck inside.

"back away from the window" I screamed.

I started to smash my elbow against the drivers side window but I wasn't strong enough for anything to happen.

I looked around trying to find something to smash the window in and saw that one of the wooden post holding the fence together had been uprooted from the car. I quickly ran over to the fence and grabbed the piece of wood and went back into the water.

The car was almost 80% submerged by this point and I knew I needed to hurry up. I started hitting the window as hard as I could with the wood and finally it broke shattering glass everywhere.

"come on hurry up" I yelled to the guy that was sitting in the drivers seat.

"thank you, thank you so much I can't--" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"look you can thank me later just get you and your mates out!"

I could see that he was carrying one of his friends, he was knocked out cold with a few scratches and bruises across his face. I helped the best way I could and got him and his friend to dry land.

"Is that all of you? I thought I saw another?"

"SHIT! Nate is still in there!" he started to rush towards the water.

"look ill take care of him you take care of your friend, he looks like he is starting to wake up" I said as I was running towards the now fully submerged car.

I dove straight into the water and swam as fast as I could towards the drivers side window. I swam straight through the window and towards the backseat where I could see a body floating to the top of the car. I grabbed him by the waist and pushed my feet against the back window and swam us to the front of the car. I pushed him first through the car window and could see that he had made it to the surface.

I started to swim through the window myself and then felt something hold me back. A piece of loose metal caught onto my clothes and wasn't letting me go any further, I quickly tried to unhook myself but wasn't careful enough, I felt something slice through my calf and a silent scream left my lips, the pain was excruciating I could see my blood colouring the water a deep red. My vision was beginning to blur, my head felt light weighted, I was drowning I needed to get to the surface quick. Before I could start to kick my legs I felt a hand go around my waist and pull me up.

Air rushed to my lungs and I could breathe again, this had its pro's and con's, although I was no longer dying, the pain my leg had become worse and I couldn't breath without coughing up water not to mention the extreme burning feeling I had in my lungs.

"Are you okay?" the driver asked me but I could barely breath let alone give him an answer. He laid me done on the grass next to his friend, Nate. He wasn't moving, oh god please don't tell me I didn't make it in time, please someone tell me he is okay.

"Hey, I need you to answer me, are you okay?"

"My leg, your friend, is he okay?" I replied in a whisper. he looked down at it and I could tell by his face alone that it wasn't good. He took off his shirt and wrapped it around my leg. All of a sudden I was hit with a need to close my eyes, a quick nap, yeah that sounds good.

"Nates fine he just, woah woah, hey! don't fall asleep, you cant fall asleep, ummm what's your name?" the driver asked

"Tera"

"Ok Tera, my name is Jake now you cant fall asleep, I've learned from every t.v show that, that never turns out good" I smile a little at his comment.

"Ok" I say.

"Now Tera, do you have a phone so we can call for some help?"

"Yeah but the isn't any reception out here"

"Dammit!" Jake yelled.

"There's some sort of bar or something though, just down the street" Jake turned his head to look down the street.

"Okay Tera, I'm going to leave you here with Nate but only for a short minute, I going to get help and thank you again, you saved all our lives, even though I had to save yours in the end"

"Nate did you get that? look after her!"

"Yeah yeah" the body next to me said.

"I'm just gonna rest my eyes"

"Don't do that! you two have to keep each other awake, Dave and I will be back soon." and then they were off, headed towards the bar.

All of a sudden I felt a poke at my arm.

"Don't fall asleep" Nate said as he pushed himself up and sat crossed legged with his head held in his hands.

"I'm not" But I couldn't help it, my eyelids have never felt this heavy before and it seemed like the best idea in the word just to close them.

Again I felt the poke in the arm, but this time harder.

"Hey! I said don't fall asleep!"

"Okay, Okay" I tried my hardest to keep my eyes open.

"Ahhh by the way, thanks for saving us all back there"

"It's all good, I'm sure anybody would of done what I did if they were here"

"Which begs the question, why were you here? walking alone in the middle of basically nowhere? trust me I'm not saying it was bad that you were but its just a bit weird" Nate asked curiously.

"My friend was making advances on me all night and on the car ride home it got worse. I got out of the car had a fight with him and he left"

"What an arse, it doesn't matter what sort of fight you have you never leave anyone out in the middle of nowhere, especially a young girl like you"

"Thanks ill tell him that if I make it back home"

"Trust me you will."

All of a sudden we could both see headlights coming from down the road.

"I'll go flag them down." Nate said as he walked over to the road. The car pulled over and I could hear him talking to whoever it was that was in the car. I propped myself up on my elbows to get a better view of what was happening and then BAM! the mysterious driver held Nate by the head and pushed a rag over his mouth and then Nate dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes. OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD!!!! I started to drag myself further away from the car when all of a sudden I heard footsteps approaching me.

"Now where do you think your going sweetheart?" a low voice asked me. I turned around to look at the dangerous man and that's when he advanced. I started to scream bloody murder when this guy had swiftly picked me up bridal style and held a cloth to my mouth I tried best not to inhale whatever drugs were on said cloth but I couldn't help it. I became increasingly drowsier, I heard a car door slam shut and foot steps approaching.

"Ooooh she is going to need a healer on the leg, just put her in the back with the others" the man that was carrying me walked towards the car, I felt paralysed so struggling against him was hopeless. just before I was completely knocked, I saw who I would be riding with in the boot of this car. it was none other than the three boys I had just saved each one of them sporting a large bite mark on their necks.