Chapter 10

Jake had carried me all the way back to the house and although I didn't take a step myself I felt as though I had run a marathon, I could barely breathe, my heart was pounding and my head felt dizzy. It wasn't until someone snapped their fingers in front of my face that I noticed that I was dazzing out.

"Tera! Tera are you okay?" I looked at Jakes worried face and managed to choke out a 'Yeah' but I wasn't. Once I had got out of the forest everything that had happened finally dawned on me. Because I was in this mad house, because I was out following my stupid heart and not my head I had ended up pinned on the ground, staring death in the eye. Images of that wolf flooded my mind, the feeling of terror that coursed through my body as the wolf pinned me down, the pain on my arms from where the monster dug its claws in and its teeth-- its long, sharp teeth and baring down at me, ready to take my life in one swift move.

I could hear people returning, they were talking angrily and I heard my name come up a few times but paid no attention to it, my mind was already occupied with other horrifying things. What finally broke me out of my trance were the warms hands that held my face, I instantly felt my heart beat slow down to a regular beat and my head stopped spinning around. I looked up to see who these magical healing hands belonged to but had a hunch that I already knew. I was met with the stunning eyes of Roman, his face was covered in dirt and blood but he didn't look hurt, he looked concerned.

"Tera honey, we need to get you to the pack healer. You have some pretty deep cuts on your arms, can you walk? or do you need me to carry you?" Cuts? I didn't feel any pain, they cant be that bad if I cant even feel them. I looked down at my arms and was surprised to find 3 large claw markings on each of my arms. I didn't get to make up my mind up if I was walking or not, I was suddenly lifted up into Romans arms and he started speed walking towards what I assume to be the direction of the pack healer.

"Roman put me down I'm fine to wal-" But amidst my struggling in Romans arms I brushed my wounds against his chest and boy did it hurt that now my adrenaline had slowed down, I gasped in pain.

"Tera just let me look after you okay? its the least I can do after I got you into this mess" His gaze on me had become more intense as he finished his sentence "I promise I will never let you get hurt again, I will never leave your side"

I know his intentions are good as he said this, he probably felt incredibly guilty but I couldn't help but think that me escaping would become even more difficult now. Don't get me wrong, when we were in the forest and it was just the two of us and Romans inner caveman stayed inside I really felt something but being here, being with him, I could never live the rest of my life like this.

Billy had been following us the whole time, he stepped in front of us and opened a door that read 'Healer'. There was a woman sitting at a desk writing, she looked to be in her early  30's, she looked nice but there was something defiantly different about her compared to the rest of the people that lived here, maybe it was he choice in fashion? Honestly she looked like a gypsy with her long flowy patterned skirt, white ruffly top with a brown vest over the top of it, about 5-6 different type of necklaces hung from her neck and her fingers were covered in rings and to finish off her whole gypsy  look she had long curly brown hair flowing down he back.

"Roman, have you ever heard of knoc--" She said as she turned around in her seat, she stopped herself mid sentence after she saw me in Romans arms. "What happened?" She said as she basically leapt off her seat to come tend to me.

"Those bastards from the West attacked us" Roman said as he placed me on the bed.

"What were they doing all the way over here? There territory is a good days run away from here, they couldn't of been here by accident" The healer said. She looked at my arms and nodded her head, she went over to a cabinet that held jars filled with very bazar looking things inside such as; frogs legs, small eyeballs and large tongues. She grabbed one of the less wired looking jars and opened it, she looked at Roman and he nodded, he sat besides me and smiled sadly. The healer grabbed what looked to be just an ordinary looking spatula and spread the brown goopy stuff that was in the jar evenly onto the spatula.

"Tera, I promise this will only hurt a little" She said.

"Wait, what is that stuff? can I have some sort of pain killer first? Or even better just knock me out" I said with a slight smile as I tried to joke. I was not good with this kind of stuff never was, I had to get stitches just a few years ago and was crying at the sight of the needle because I knew it was going to hurt.

"Honey it works better with a conscious mind and as for pain killers, this is the best thing, I promise the pain will only last a few minuets then it will feel all better"

"No wait, they don't even hurt that much I'm sure if we just put a Band-Aid over them they will heal just fine" I started to feel my heart rate pick up again and I was looking everywhere but that spatula with the icky looking stuff on it. I looked at Roman hoping if I gave him my best puppy dog eyes he would be on my side but instead he just shook his head and held my elbows so they were plastered to my waist.

"Sorry Tera" Roman said. The gypsy lady smothered the goop stuff onto my wound and it stung like a bitch. She started to mumble something that didn't sound like English, she stopped and my wound begun to glow and that's when the real pain started, I didn't want to seem weak in front of them but I couldn't help it, I screamed bloody murder it felt like it was doing more damage that what that damn wolf did. After the wound stopped glowing the pain resided, she scrapped away the goopy stuff and all that was left was a light pink scar. I knew what she was doing was for my benefit but this didn't mean I was looking forward to the next 5 wounds she had to heal.

I pushed my face into Romans chest as much as I psychically could, he held my head and started stroking me "Shhhhhh, its all going to be okay Tera" he would repeat over and over again as the healer kept working her painful magic.

30 agonizing minuets later and we were finished. I was exhausted and just wanted to leave this room and hoped with all my  heart that I would never have to return here again. Roman didn't ask this time and instead just picked me up taking me away from here. We had made it back to our bedroom and he laid me down on our bed. I hated saying 'Our Room' and 'Our Bed' but right now I could care less, I just wanted to sleep and be done with today.

Roman bent down beside me so we were eye level and started to gently push the hair that was covering my face out of the way. "Tera, I am so sorry about today, I am so sorry I cant-I mean I would never want-I'm just" He kept trying to finish his sentence but just couldn't. I know I shouldn't encourage him but I felt sorry for him right now, he felt so bad for everything that had happened today that I couldn't let him suffer like this anymore. I put my finger against his lips to shush him and he closed his eyes in emotional pain, they flickered open again looking at me with such love that I felt bad, in his little delusional world I knew he really cared for me, but I couldn't stay here I would probably be dead by the end of the week. He kissed my finger and snuggled up to me on the bed, wrapping his arms around me making me feel warm and tingly inside.

It didn't take to long before I fell into a deep sleep, unfortunately for me it was full of replays of that wolf pinning me down, staring down at me with its black eyes.