Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Within a matter of seconds Roman had 9 of his men standing in our room one of those men just happened to be Jake. “He pasted the border 3 minuets ago, so far he hasn’t been stopped and we’ve lost 3 men” Billy informed him.

Roman nodded and past back and forth, soon he stopped and he was giving out orders faster than I could I understand. From the sounds of things he was bringing in his men from the border and bringing them back here so he could make a stronger defiance around the house.

“Tell Katrina to arm our men with her potions, mainly stunning and smoke, if Ryker escapes again we need to be able to take prisoners”

“He came in from the east, I want 2 stealth’s about 300 meters out so we know when he’s coming and how many he’s brought” All the men nodded and left without another word except Jake. Roman was talking with Billy just outside our door and I quickly went over hugged Jake.

“So I guess we won’t be hanging out like I planned today” He said trying to make a joke but couldn’t commit.

“I guess not” I said unhappily.

Roman looked over at us and then Jake gave me one of his signature crooked smiles and hugged me for what I hopped wouldn’t be the last time.

“Be safe” I whispered. “You too” And he left.

 Roman walked over and I could tell that he was worried, he wasn’t ready for this, we thought we had more time. I sat frozen on our bed not sure how to reassure him that everything would be ok because first I would have to convince myself. My throat had completely dried out and I could feel it starting to close up, breathing became something I actually had to think about.  

My hands which felt like ice were slowly warming up, I looked down at them and found Romans hands on top of mine. I followed the vain that slightly popped out on his hand, tracing my fingers up his hand and all the way up to just above his elbow. He lifted my chin and kissed my lips and I savoured his sweet taste.

“Everything will be fine, I promise” He said with his soothing voice. I nodded trying my best to believe him but I couldn’t help but look at the scar over my chest, I could feel the cold knife being dragged across my skin again, my warm blood trickling down my body.

“Don’t look at them, look at me. I promised ok?” By this point Chloe and a girl called Autumn I had talked to once walked in. Chloe looked so different from the first day I had met her, she use to be just skin and bones, her skin a pale grey, a girl who was afraid to utter a word and now when I looked at her now she was strong, healthy and confident.

“Did you bring them?” Roman asked Chloe. Chloe nodded and she showed dozens of different sized glass bottles ranging in all different colours in her hands. “Ok I want you three to hide in the bathroom, there are no windows so no one should be able to get to you as long as you barricade the door”

“Wait we aren’t helping?”

“You’re helping by staying safe”