Chapter 26

Chapter 26

He wasn't dead, he wasn't.

Ryker was lying, toying with me, Roman was alive but only barely I could feel a second pulse run throughout my body but slowly I could feel that second pulse a little less.

Ryker strolled over towards Romans limp body, his fingers and nails extended. Somehow I had managed to get on my hands and knees and started crawling towards Roman. Ryker saw my pathetic attempt in trying to protect Roman and laughed hysterically.

"Yes, crawl, crawl like the pitiful wannabe Luna that you are" I laid my body over Romans the best I could, making sure any blow that would come, that it would hit me and that he would be protected.

Sweat and blood drenched Romans face, I pushed back his hair hoping to see his loving gaze before I was brought to my death, but his eyes remained shut, his skin remained cold and his heart remained to grow weaker.

"I love you, I love you Roman Wake" I whispered gently into his ear, tears stung my eyes and I watched as they fell onto his face. I was suddenly seized by my throat, my feet dangling a few inches above the ground and the next thing I saw was Ryker's dark red eyes.

"You make me sick, the way you mates react" He spat out. "You and your wretched pack never stood a chance against me" He turned me around and forced me to look out on the slaughter, bodies lied mangled and lifeless on the ground, few still fighting. It was unbelievable at how many wolves Ryker was able to find, last I had known it was just him and his beta left, but I suppose dirty wolves like Ryker has a knack for finding more dirty wolves.

He forced me to look at him again and held me so close to his face I could smell his vile breath.

"I had hoped I could of done this in front of him, make him watch as you take your last breath, make him listen as the bone cracks as I snap your neck" He moaned as if he was listening to it right now.

"But I'm a compromising man, I take what I can get" He smiled ruthlessly.

"Just so you know, it was your love and stupidity that got you killed in the end"

"And your greed and hatred is what will get you" With my last ounce of strength I shifted my hand into its wolf form and drove it into chest where his heart should have been.

His eyes were wide with disbelief, he coughed and splatters of blood covered my face. I shifted my paw back into its human form and clenched his heart between my fingers. He screamed out in agony and in some sick way a smile had formed on my face, in the pleasure of causing him pain.

His hand loosened around my neck and my feet were back on the ground, I yanked my hand out his decrepit chest and watched as he fell backwards. The red faded from his eyes and with his last breath he managed out one word. "Regina"

I stood on shaky feet, wondering if this would have happened if he had meet Regina before he took on the void, if she would have been able to fill his heart with love and happiness instead of greed and hatred.

Would he of ever of been able to love her? Was there ever any human side to him? I decided to not waste another thought on the "what could have beens" of Ryker's life.

I looked down at my bloody hand to see I still grasped on to Ryker's heart, it wasn't until now that I realized it was different, the regular blue veins you would find ruining through any normal persons heart were missing and were replaced with jet black veins instead. I threw his heart on the ground and ran over to Roman.

His body still laid lifeless, in the distance I could see Katrina running over, potions in hand.

"You're going to be fine Roman, I promise" I whispered repeatedly to him. I looked around at my surroundings to see the fighting had stopped, all of Ryker's men had either been killed or had run away, except one who was being held by two other men, beaten bloodied.

Zach was more dead than alive but still managed to thrash around in the men's arms, I can only imagine Roman had asked for him not be killed so he could personally kill him himself.

Katrina started enchanting the liquids she poured over Romans body, his body started to glow within and I prayed that we had made it in time.

"I think we got him" Katrina said confidently to me. A weight had been lifted and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Tera" Someone called out behind me, I turned around to see Chloe standing a few feet behind me presenting the same shaking feet I had moments ago.

"You did it" She said with a smile that reached her eyes. She ran towards me and hugged me tightly, I flinched, still fresh with wounds but didn't worry and hugged her back equally as hard.

"Oh my gosh, Tera your hand" She quickly took off her jacket and began dabbing at my hand.

"It's not my blood, its, it's his" We both looked over at Ryker's body and I stared amazed at the hole in Ryker's chest and couldn't believe that I actually did it. I wiped my hand on the grass to get rid of the blood and noticed that something wasn't right, a black smudge no bigger than my fingernail was in the middle of my palm.

I rubbed my hand against the grass again and still it was there. "Is everything alright Tera?"

"I don't know, I've got this thing on my hand that won't come off"

I showed Chloe the mark and looked equally confused. "What is that? Dried blood?"

"I don't-" My hand went rigid and pain spread through from fingertips to my shoulder. I watched as the smudge seeped into my skin and works its way through to my veins. The black veins stretched 2 inches from the top of my wrist and stopped but the pain didn't. I writhed in pain in the grass, I heard my name being called out again and again until all I heard was a loud screeching noise that felt like it lasted forever.

Suddenly it all stopped, the pain, the noise and all that was left was 3 questions.

What happened? Where am I? And most of all,

Who am I?

A/N

Wow that was a long wait for the last chapter, you heard right guys, that was the last chapter for this story, but wait there's more!

The Sequel is now OUT!

If you want the quick updates on the sequel Heart Amnesia follow me so you are the first to read it =D

Thank you to all you lovely readers, who waited so patiently, for commenting and for liking my story, I hope you continue to enjoy my stories in time to come.

Deborah

Need a supernatural fix? Check out some of my other stories! ^.^