Chapter 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I woke sometime later, with no clock in this prison I could only judge time by the sliver of light that shone through the now bordered up window. When I woke up my hands were unbound and I was under the covers of the bed I had been tied to, with of course clean sheets. Slowly pushing myself up I could feel the aftermath that Zack had left on my body, my muscles ached and my skin felt like it was now two sizes too small.

I pushed the covers off of myself to examine my body and try to mend it the best I could, but when I looked down it looked like someone had already beat me to it. I was covered in band aids and bandages and I was shocked to say the least that someone here had taken the time to care of my wounds.

I laid back in bed, to exhausted to anything else, beside the fact that I was still chained to the wall behind me by the cold, heavy collar that laid locked around my neck, my body was still in a lot of pain and I was taking all the rest I could get.

It could of only been a few minuets of shut eye when I heard the gently knocks on large wooden door of my prison, the door slowly creaked open after a few seconds and I saw the familiar white hair of Chloe making her way through the crack in the door.

"Tera, are you awake?" She asked softly.

"Ah, yeah" I pushed myself up when suddenly I had moved to quickly and I felt pain surge through my left arm, I dropped back onto the bed with a thud and I could hear the quick steps of Chloe rushing over to me to see if I was okay.

"Don't move to much Tera, your body is still healing" She came over to me helping me repositions myself back in bed. She quickly turned around to my bedside table and poured a glass of water.

"Chloe, did you put all these bandages on me?"

"Well when I came in here a few hours ago to give you more food I found you bloody and bound and I knew I couldn't leave you like that" She twiddled her thumbs and looked at her feet the whole time she was talking.

"Thank you" I wasn't sure what else to say?

She slid something out of her pocket and handed over to me.

"Here, take two of these" She showed me a packet of pain relief tablets all still sealed up tight in the packaging. I popped out two tablets and she helped me drink the glass of water making sure I had every drop that was in the glass.

"Did you end up hiding the food I gave you?" She asked in a more hushed tone.

"Ah yeah I put it behind the bedside table" I told her, trying to point to where I hid the food.

"You should probably eat something to go along with those tablets" I nodded and she bent down so she could find the food I hide the other day.

As Chloe helped me eat a packet of crackers I couldn't help but think how lucky I was to have someone like Chloe here looking after me in this hell hole, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't of eaten yet and I would of most likely still of been bound to the bed. I couldn't help the tears that started to roll down my cheeks "Oh Tera are you okay? Are you hurting somewhere?"

"No I-I just, thank you Chloe. You're most likely the only reason I'm still alive in this place" She shook her head vigorously "No no no, Tera what I've done to you is nothing, if anything you should be hating me. I'm apart of the Bellatorum pack, my pack is the ones that are doing this to you. I cant even begin to say sorry"

"Chloe none of this is your fault, you aren't the one who kidnapped me, you weren't the one who locked me up in here and you defiantly weren't the person who sliced up my body with a knife. You have however, brought me food, bandaged me up and cared for me so thank you Chloe" She nodded her head and smiled a little.

"So would I be able to ask you whether you know if ill be able leave here soon?" The desperation was most likely pouring out of my eyes as I asked her.

"I'm not sure what is happening exactly but after the photo of you was sent to Alpha Roman apparently something big happened, someone like me isn't told all the details but I heard it was bad for our side" The mention of his name pulled at something deep inside of me that I thought I had locked away years ago, how is it the mention of just his name can do so much to me when I despised him so much?

"That idiot is going to get me killed" Confusion was clearly written all over Chloe's face after what I said.

"Why would he try to get you killed? He's your mate isn't he?"

"So I've been told" I said sarcastically.

"Tera your human so its understandable that the whole concept of mates are a little unbelievable but what you need to understand is that Roman would put his life on the line for you just to make sure you weren't harmed. He's probably in great pain at the moment knowing that he has failed in protecting you" 

I had a feeling that what she said was true, after the incident in the forest a few days ago Roman had trouble keeping his emotions in let alone forming sentences, he didn't seem like the type of person where things like that would get to him but now I can only imagine what he is going through after seeing those photos.

Out of nowhere I suddenly felt very hot, my head became heavy. I prayed to god that it was because of the exhaustion and not me going crazy but I swear could hear Romans voice coming in and out of my mind.

"Chloe I-I don't--I don't feel so good" I dropped back into my pillow going into hot and cold shivers. What the hell was going on? I could see Chloe rushing around and yelling out things I couldn't quite understand.

I could feel something tug inside of me pulling me into unconsciousness, before I let my heavy eyelids close fully I heard one last thing from a voice I was sure I wouldn't hear again.

"I'm coming for you Tera" Roman said fiercely.