Chapter 5: Unexpected Date

Claire and Jason made out, watched movies, and ate snacks. They had a great Sunday evening, but it had to come to an end; the next morning was a work day for both Jason and Claire, so they called it a night. It was fifteen minutes till ten and Claire went in her purse and pulled out the note Matthew had given to her at the club. She read the note and it was his name and phone number written down. She looked at the phone and then at the paper. Contemplating if she should call Matthew or not. He was handsome and seemed sweet. She didn't want to complicate things with Jason though. She was stuck between a hard place and a rock. There was just something about this guy that made her wonder. He wasn't like any guy she had met before. He was intriguing and mysterious...in a good way. She couldn't get him off her mind. She picked up the phone and dialed the number. It rang and she hung up. She didn't mean to call him, what was she thinking. Then the phone rang. She slowly picked it up. "Hello,"she said softly closing here eyes. "Hi, Claire, said a familiar voice on the other line. It was Matthew. Claire's heart started beating fast and her breathes got deeper. "I knew I would hear from you soon,"said Matthew sounding as if he was smiling on the other end of the phone line. Claire kept quiet. "Oh, don't tell me your shy," said Matthew waiting for some kind of response.

"No, I just......don't know what to say, I didn't think you would answer to be honest," she said knowing that was a lie. Matthew chuckled.

"How about we have lunch tomorrow,"said Matthew sweetly. "Sure," said Claire, blushing playing with the phone cord rapping it around her finger like a shy school girl who had a crush. She told him where she worked and he told her he'd pick her up at one tomorrow afternoon. She agreed and they said their goodbyes.

Claire got up bright and early excited for the day. She took a shower, ate breakfast, and got dressed and headed to work. She couldn't stop thinking about her lunch date with Matthew, she was excited and a little nervous. When she got to work the place was packed. Steph was running around answering the phones and looking through paper work. Kevin was helping at least four of the customers at the same time, another worker was helping fit a dress on a customer and another worker was was talking to two customers and showing them different designed dresses taking notes. Claire jumped into all the chaos and started helping customers. She knew it was going to be a long day. Around about 12:30 the last customer was talking to Kevin and he checked her out and bagged some bridal items and got her dress ready and she left. Then Claire got a text, it was from Matthew he was about to pull up. He pulled up in a limo and came into the shop. He smiled at Claire and motioned for her to go with him. Stephanie and Kevin looking in amazement and waved goodbye.

They pulled to a Latin restaurant and the driver opend their doors. They walked in and were seated. Everyone was looking at them and whispering. Matthew thanked her for taking the time to go out to lunch with him. She smiled and took a sip of her water. Matthew grabbed her hand and looked her in the eyes. Claire swallowed nervously.