Chapter 6

I woke up to classical soothing music, which was loud and comforting.

            I put on a pink shirt with a colorful butterfly print on it and apple bottom jeans. I had on pink striped Adidas running shoes just in case I need to make a quick escape.

            I straitened my hair and left it down. I put on some lip plumber gloss and eye shadow. My skin was glowing with perfection; I guess this is the effect of love.

            I went down the stairs and ate a real breakfast as my family ran around trying to get ready. I had a bowl of cheerios drowned in sugar and milk in front of me.

            “No fair you got up early and no one woke me up.” Betsy pouted and took my half empty bowl of cereal and started to eat.

            “That’s because I’m a big girl who can wake herself up in the morning.” I smiled and walked toward the door.

            Betsy stuck out her tongue and hissed, “Stupid teenager.”

            “Have a nice day Jaci,” Mama said sweetly. It was like she knew what was going on and I had a strong feeling she did.

            I walked out the door and stood in the drive way. I woke up early to think, but my brain is on the frisk.

            A strong wind blew by and ruffled my clothes and my hair flew around. The wind was picking up when Caleb’s car appeared and stopped me from going inside.

            “Hey,” I said as I hopped into the front seat. I stopped shaking and slid further into the warm seats. I ran my hands threw my tangled hair when I noticed the car wasn’t moving.

            I turned to look at Caleb and felt embarrassed. His eyes trailed up and down my body and finally stopped at my glossy lips.

            “Caleb?” His nostrils flared and then his fierce lips were on mine.

            When he finally pulled away I was out of breath and he seemed like he just tasted something exhilarating.  “Good Morning glamour girl.”

            “Not funny. You smeared my lip gloss.” Caleb started the car and backed out the drive way.

            “I don’t want other guys looking at my girlfriend with lust. You obviously don’t know how amazingly hot you are.”

            My heart skipped a beat at the word girlfriend. “Nothing is really special about me. You’re the one who is always surrounded by girls. Your hair is so nice; I just want to run my fingers through it. Your golden eyes are like an ocean of mystery. There is just something about you that makes people want to take interest.”

            I stopped babbling and looked out the window. I couldn’t believe I just said all that and more. I put my hands on my cheek and felt there scorn.

            “Why’d you stop praising me?” Caleb smiled his charming smile. The car got quiet and it didn’t feel right.

             “What are you think?” I looked at him waiting for an answer. “Caleb?”

            “That I love you and I don’t know what I’m going to do with you.” His face was serious and his grip on the steering wheel looked bone crushing.

            “I’m perfectly fine when I’m with you.” I reminisced on my dream.

            “You said that last time.”