Chapter 24

To the right is my new actor for Celeb...Taylor Lautner. Sexyt right?! totally inviting ;) ENJOY!!

Low growls echoed the halls. They both stood in a fighting stance ready to attack at any moment. “I thought I told you to stay away from my girl.”

Caleb’s voice sounded savage and not quite human. He looked just like he did when he was going to shift into wolf form. I feared the sight of both of them tearing at each other.

“You’re forgetting who gives the orders around here mutt,” Gage growled as he throw himself at Caleb.

I heard the sound of fist hitting flesh, hard. I wanted to pull them from each other but knew better. I’d only hurt myself in the process. Gage tossed Caleb into a wall causing a loud thud. People would soon come to see what was causing all the noise.

A flash of purple ran through the boys making them separate. As the blur slowed down I recognized that it was Tracie. Her dress suit was all purple and her hair was pulled back into a bun. Even though she was a little shorter then me she stood tall with authority as she looked back and fourth at the boys.

“Get control over yourselves. This kind of out burst is unacceptable for our kind. If this is how u act- on impulse- it would be better for our princess to be protected by people more capable.”

Gage and Caleb’s face softened at that. They both looked in the direction I had retreated to. Their eyes were apologetic as they watched me shake uncontrollably.

Tracie tapped her feet, drawing their attention back to her. “It has come to my understanding that Jaci has finally accepted her duty. If so she must be easing herself into our world and for you the people she trust to start this crap right after she made her decision is disgraceful. Will you take responsibility if she goes back on her decision?”

Some unheard message passed between the three of them. Tracie looked Gage squarely in the eye even though he was at least two heads taller then her and spoke only to him.

“As punishment for your actions you have been temporally stripped of your leadership of your covenant.”

“What!” Gage’s fist clenched and unclenched.

“The job of a leader is to protect the princess’s well-being as well as you comrades. You have done your job poorly and will be under strict watch.” Her word was finally and at that Gage walked off.

Tracie gave Caleb a cold stare before coming to my side. She squeezed my shoulders, “Are you okay now?”

I nodded.

“Okay then I’ll take my leave now,” she said, then turned on her heels and disappeared just as fast as she had appeared.

I bite my lip drawing blood as I looked up at Caleb.

“I’m sorry,” Caleb said softly.

I felt a ping in my chest. I was the one who almost went to third base with Gage and he was apologizing. He had every right to feel what he was feeling and more. I was the one who couldn’t make up my mind about who I wanted.

“If Gage is who you want-,” Caleb whispered before I cut him off.

“I don’t want Gage. I love you.” My voice was still shaky and I knew Caleb would take it the wrong way.

“You don’t have to choose me because you feel you have to Jaci. I want you to be happy with or without me.”

I took a deep breath to steady my voice. I looked deep into his golden eyes hoping he’d see how much I cared for him. “I want you and no one else.”