Chapter 14

“You don’t have to worry about coming over tonight, because I’m having a little girls night out with Maddie and Stephanie.” We were driving to my house in silence until I spoke out.

“Sure I hope you have fun,” he said without hesitation. He was obviously still mad at me and I didn’t blame him for it. I hurt him and I’m going to have to try and win his heart again.

I put my hand over his hand that rested on the steering wheel. I traced little circles on the back of his hand and sighed deeply. There was absolutely no response at all from him, so I tried a different tactic.

I kissed his arm and each kiss was a little higher then the last. “Jaci what are you doing,” he pulled away from me.

“I’ll do anything to make you forgive me,” I begged. “Absolutely anything,” I whispered softly as I gazed into Caleb’s golden eyes. “I didn’t mean to betray you and I don’t expect you to forgive me so easily. I-,”

I was interrupted by a passionate kiss. “I’m mad, but I don’t want to cause you anymore pain. I can’t just walk away from you Jaci, because I need you. I’m lost without you.” He parked in my drive way. “I’ll never leave you Jaci.”

“Even if I do something stupid again,” my voice broke and tears sprung to my eyes. Caleb cupped my face and kissed me again as if to say yes.

“I really don’t deserve someone like you. I love you so much,” I sobbed. I put my arms around his neck and moved closer to him.

“Hey that is my line,” he chuckled. We shared a few more passionate kisses before parting and going our separate ways. I walked into the house and ventured into Betsy’s room.

Aunt Rachel was hovering over Betsy at her desk. “Helping with homework,” I said and watched their heads pop up like pop-tarts.

“How was school Jaci,” Auntie questioned. She watched me very closely and I could tell all her focus was on me, so I had to choose my words carefully.

“Good,” I smiled.

“That’s great because earlier you looked like-” Betsy was leaning back in her desk chair.

“Betsy watch your mouth!” Auntie hated when we cursed and tried very hard to stop us, but her game was off.

I stuck my tongue out at Betsy. “Aunt Rachel can some of my friends sleep over?” I batted my eyelashes and smiled big.

Aunt Rachel bit down on her lip in thought. She always had a hard time saying no to me. I guess she is afraid of how I would act and she didn’t want me to feel the distance between us. So like always she said, “Sure.”

She left the room to go make dinner after that and I was stuck with a pouting child. “It’s so unfair how you get what ever you want. If I asked for a friend to come over I’d be subjected to the twenty question game.”

“Well I don’t know what to tell you,” I laid down on her poke-a-dot bed. I really didn’t know what to say about that. I knew she felt cheated, but I couldn’t really do anything about that. “Hey I have a surprise for you.”

She looked me in my eyes and frowned, “I don’t like surprises.”

I pushed up and sat in a sitting position. “You’ll like this surprise.” I felt like a match maker and I loved every bit of it. I was planning on hooking up Betsy with Jaden. “How about I do your hair and find you something cute to sleep in.”

“Why,” she made a disgusted look.

“Please,” I made the puppy dog face. She finally gave in and let me fix her up.