part 14

Nico's P.O.V.

I stared up to the ceiling as I listened to Ron's abnormally loud snores and Harry's softer ones. These past two days have me thinking. At St. Murgo's, after we were done visiting Neville's parents we came across the Weasleys and Harry who were just on their way to the cafeteria to get something to drink. It got a bit difficult for Neville because his mother came to him. Neville had told me what happened and I had a good look at his mother, it seemed that Alice Longbottom someway had been hosting Demeter for a while. But Demeter was driven away when Alice and her husband Frank were tortured by the Death Eaters. When I told Neville this he was actually happy that his dad probably didn't cheat on his mom.

I was also thinking about how the wizard world's view was on somethings, like gay people... Because they have with much things a pretty medieval view. So what if they viewed it like they did in the forties. I know I've told Ron that I'm gay but it could be only him that was okay with it.

Ron turned around pretty abruptly, shaking myself from my thoughts.

Looking at the small watch with dancing skeletons on it (Leo made it...) I noticed that it was already 5 a.m. Deciding that I couldn't get anymore sleep I decided to go downstairs. I pulled on my boots and walked down stairs, careful not to wake the sleeping portrait of Sirius' mother. I heard her yell three times. The first was when we arrived. The second was on christmas day, when Tonks, a cousin/niece of Sirius came by. And the last was just yesterday, Fred and George made something explode. Mrs. Weasley and Mrs. Black were screaming so loud I wondered if the mortal neighbors could here them through all of the enchantments.

I hoped there was no one awake because it was around three a.m.. Who in their right minds, besides me of course, is up so early. But I was wrong, there was someone up. Sirius and an other man were sitting at the end of the kitchen table with drinks in their hand. Sirius looked like he had been up all night, the bags under his eyes were more defined than usual. But that could be because of the weird lighting. The other man looked really worn down. I guessed he was about Sirius' age but his hair was already graying, probably because of stress. There was an weird air around him, something that was pretty familiar to me but I couldn't decide what it exactly was.

The other man tensed as I walked in. Sirius only looked up and gave me a small wave. "Hey, couldn't sleep?" He asked. I nodded and mumbled something I couldn't really understand my self. All I know that I said something with 'Ron', 'Snores' and 'Pig'.

I sat down next to Sirius and across from the other man. Deciding that I probably should go with mannered teen instead of a 'punk', as Ares would call it, I introduced myself to him.

"Nico Di Angelo" I said, my voice getting more accented because of the sleep. "Remus Lupin" He replied, his voice sounded strained like he was holding himself back. Sirius looked at Lupin confused. Why? I had no idea. I took a better look at Lupin. He had scars that looked like an animal had attacked him. I tensed, finally recognizing the meaning of the air Lupin carried around him. I tensed immediately, having no fun memories of his kind.

"Lycanthrope." I growled, getting a flash of his eyes as response. I drew the silver dagger from my boot. Sirius had shot up drawing his wand and pointing it at me.

"Di Angelo, I suggest that you put the knife down before I hex to back to Italy." He said in a calm but dangerous voice. I could here in his voice that he was deadly serious. (pun intended)

I eyed Lupin again. He seemed to have much difficulty with holding back. A normal werewolf would have ripped me to shreds, or at least tried to. Eventually my curiosity of finding out, out weighted the natural instinct to keep a weapon close and I put the dagger down on the table. As soon as my fingers left the hilt, Sirius had picked it up.

"Moony calm down. Why are you so worked up?" Sirius asked turning to Lupin, who took a deep, hopefully calming breath, and slumped in his seat.

"I don't know" He mumbled, "Maybe because of the full moon?" He said, but it sounded more like a question. Sirius turned to me.

"How did you know what he was?" He asked me. Well more like demanded.

"His aura." I said simply. I started to explain when they looked at me blankly. "His aura, the air around him. Normally when you meet a really bad guy you get the feeling that you need to stay away from him. If you focus a bit more you can also see what their personality is like. You can also see what they are. Wizards or muggles or werewolves. Even squibs can do it, it's just a matter of practice."

"And that he is a wolf is immediately a reason for you to draw your weapon?" Sirius said after being quiet for a while.

"Instinct. I've been attacked by werewolves before. Almost ripped me to shreds, it doesn't really leave a great impression." I answered truthfully. It was true, only it were the original werewolves under charge of the mutt Lycan.

Sirius nodded, a suspicious look in his eyes. We heard a bump upstairs and looked up. Sirius ran a hand tiredly over his face. "I'm going to feed buckbeak. Please don't kill each other." He said, putting my knife down on the table and walking upstairs.

Lupin looked at me, seeming more in control now. "You smell different." He bluntly stated. I just shrugged in response. "Yeah, I get that a lot." I mumbled sitting down.

[a/n]

Finally I'm done with this chapter. Sorry it took me so long. It's been really busy these last few weeks, school, drama. You know the usual a unsocial teen girl has to deal with.

RANDOM STUFF
Who watches the new show 'Shadowhunters'? And if so, who is your favorite, who do you not like and what is your favorite episode? And Cassandra's new book 'Lady Midnight'? I'm just on chapter 9. I'm being really slow.

But yeah, If you liked this chapter please leave a like and keep the comments nice (on which you guys have been doing a really great job)

XOXO Herondale