Love 'N' Stuff [Original Slash] {19}

Freddie

I got that half-uncomfortable, half-wonderful feeling of my insides twisting and flipping over when he caught my wrist. Like nervousness and excitement and trepidation and dread all rolled into one. I could feel adrenaline doubling up in my system, preparing me for fight or flight.

                I had no idea what was going on, but I knew it was thrilling.

 ‘Freddie, what the fuck are you up to?’ he demanded, and my stomach sank as my hackles rose. What the hell? ‘This hilarious little games that you’re playing, they’re not funny from where I’m standing, alright?’

‘What games?’ I demanded defensively, battling the disappointment that there was now no way this could go the way I wanted it to go. It was too late.

‘One minute you hate me, then you like me, then you’re with Matt, then you’re weird, then you’re a dickhead… Look I don’t know how this way of dealing with people usually works out for you but I can’t keep up. And the fact that you’re fucking me about while you do it isn’t helping.’

I was pretty much stopped in my tracks at that. Okay, so he was swearing like a sailor but he was also being surprisingly eloquent and articulate for somebody who only half an hour earlier had been brutalizing a bully.

Of course, this intimidated me, so I too went on the offensive.

‘Me? I’m playing games? This from the douchebag who left me stranded naked in his room after making me… making me… You know! And making out with me after declaring loudly and frequently how much he hated me, then deciding he didn’t even want to have sex with me! You just wanted to make me cum in my own pants, you sick freak!’

Okay, so I’m not quite as good at the eloquence and articulation thing.

‘I think you’ll find you were the one who didn’t want to have sex with me,’ Jack retorted, ignoring everything else I’d said.

‘No, I didn’t want you to put your cock in my ass,’ I reciprocated vulgarly.

‘Well there was no way yours was going in mine.’

‘Right. So we’re never going to have sex. Jesus, I get it! Drive it home, why don’t you! I’ll just leave you alone from now on, shall I?’ I tugged my wrist out of his grip and started to storm out of the room, but he grabbed me by the shoulder and spun me around, not letting me leave.

‘Why do you do this?’ he demanded, looking really angry and frustrated.

‘Do what?’ I demanded back. Our voices were rising and we were practically shouting at this stage.

‘These horrible little mind games! Saying ambiguous things like that, that make me think that maybe you like me, but maybe you don’t, or maybe you do but you don’t want to do anything about it, or maybe you just get off on the chase and being chased!’

‘I don’t like you! I hate you! I hope that clears everything up,’ I shouted, blinking my eyes angrily so he wouldn’t know I was on the verge of tears. Mostly of an anger and frustration to match his, but also because I was a little bit sad. If circumstances had been different, Jack and I might really have had a chance. But he had been too fucked up by Aaron to really stand a chance at having a normal relationship, and I was too confused over he and Matt to make a real commitment to either of them. And now it looked like it was too late.

‘That doesn’t clear anything up!’ Jack shouted, shoving me hard so I stumbled back a few steps. ‘Because I hate you too, you fucking asshole!’