Love 'N' Stuff [Original Slash] {Epilogue}

Matt

So unsurprisingly, Benny totally loves Christmas. He is like a freaking Keebler Elf or something, bouncing around the place all excited and looking forward to presents and Christmas cake and so forth. He legit wrote a letter to Santa and made me come with him to post it. Of course, since he looks like he’s still about eleven the postal workers didn’t say anything, but one of them remarked that it was nice of me to bring my little brother to send his off his wishlist.

                I bet she was a bit weirded out when Benny jumped on me as soon as we got outside, wrapping his legs around my waist and planting his lips on mine happily.

                Jack and Freddie are pretty much inseparable, mostly joined at the mouth. The electric sexual tension they’ve had since the start of the year hasn’t fizzled even the littlest bit since they actually got together, and nobody is surprised or even minds too much that they seem to be constantly all over each other.

                Though now that we’re all packing up to move out for Christmas, it’s gotten decidedly worse, as they won’t be seeing each other for three weeks.

                I was just finishing up with packing the clothes I’d need for the break when there was a knock on my door and Freddie stuck his head in; surprisingly it wasn’t attached to Jack.

                ‘Hey,’ I said, beckoning him in and grabbing a couple t-shirts from my wardrobe.

                ‘Nearly finished?’ he asked, plopping down on my bed and peering into my suitcase, which was open beside him.

                ‘Yeah,’ I said, putting the t-shirts into it and zipping it up. ‘What time is the bus again?’

                ‘Half an hour,’ he said, sighing. ‘Jack just left.’

                ‘My heart bleeds for you,’ I said sarcastically, grinning at him. Benny had left an hour ago and my heart was far too busy bleeding for me.

                He sighed again. ‘How are we going to last three weeks without them?’ he asked morosely.

                ‘By playing a lot of videogames and spending as little time as possible with your Aunt Melodie,’ I said, winking. Freddie’s maiden aunt was horrifically homophobic and routinely sat us down over the Christmas break to lecture us on the perils of our disgusting life choice, until Freddie’s dad usually walked in and intervened.

                Freddie’s eyes lit up. ‘I should have invited Jack for Christmas dinner. He’d falcon-punch Melodie in the face and that’d be it for her.’

                ‘Might be it for him as well,’ I observed. ‘Though I hear prison’s very nice this time of year.’

                Freddie sighed, deflating. ‘Yeah, you’re right.’

                ‘Anyway, it might be nice for it to be just us again for a little while,’ I chanced.

                ‘Yeah, you’re right,’ he said, slinging an arm over my shoulders. ‘We need some best friend time.’ He paused, considering. ‘Who’d have thought that we’d come to college, hook up with each other, and then fall in love with our flatmates? Not to mention that you’d end up a seme and I’d end up a uke,’ he added, shaking his head.

                I leant my head on his shoulder and he laid his on my head. ‘We’re pretty lucky, huh?’

                ‘Yeah.’

                ‘I’m still glad you were my first,’ I said softly.

                ‘Me too.’

                We were quiet for a bit as we reflected on our unusual year.

                ‘We should probably go if we want to make that bus,’ Freddie said reluctantly after a while.

                It felt sort of lonely leaving the apartment empty, but we’d be back in three weeks. Who knew what would happen over the rest of the year? The first half had been exciting enough.

-

-

-

-

-

So that's the end of LnS :) I know some of you were probably hoping for some more making out and stuff [I'm onto you! ;)] but I thought it would be nice to finish with Matt since it started with Matt :)

Vote for happy ending? :D