Love 'N Stuff [Original Slash] {04}

Matt

When I woke up, I could feel something snuggled into my back. Whatever it was was breathing regularly and therefore, I was pretty sure it was asleep. My head started pounding as soon as I opened my eyes, and I wondered if I'd brought somebody home last night. It wasn't like me, but I'd done it before, stupidly, and they'd all been pretty pissed off when I refused to sleep with them.

  I groaned as the sliver of light coming in from under the curtain attacked my sensitive eyes, and whoever was behind me stirred at the sound. Part of me wanted to freeze and let him – surely a him – sleep longer, put off dealing with whatever stranger was going to coldly say goodbye and pointedly not ask for my number this time, but I realised in some logical part of my brain that my hangover was only going to get worse as the day went on and I'd be better off dealing with him now.

  I nudged my arm backwards, elbowing whoever it was gently, and he groaned as he woke up. I rolled over, trying not to move my head too much, to see who it was, and my heart sank as I saw the shock of black hair, the blue eyes.

  It had been two weeks since I'd made out with Freddie in his bed, and every time I saw I had woken up with someone else, my heart sank. How had I started crushing on my best friend?

Jack

Freddie and I sat in the sitting room, the TV on some generic music channel, waiting impatiently with the door wide open so we could both see into the hall. It was about this time every morning that some random guy stumbled out of Matt's room and headed for the door, trying to ignore Freddie, Benny and I whooping and whistling as a theme tune to his graceless exit – though, of course, Benny was probably dying on the inside.

He was absent this morning, but Freddie and I were sitting in relative peace as we waited, not talking but not making jibes at each other either. It was refreshing, but oddly I preferred it the other way.

Almost to the minute, we heard a bedroom door opening, and we couldn't help grinning at each other as we waited to asses Matt's latest conquest. We only went out once or twice a week, but ever since that guy had forced himself on him two weeks ago, Matt had been going out every night and bringing a new randomer home each time. Freddie was perplexed, saying it had never happened before, but claimed it was only a phase. I hoped it would last forever, it was really entertaining.

A skinny, black-haired guy stumbled into our line of sight, and on cue we both started whistling, cat calling, and jeering, grinning when we saw him blush scarlet. He hesitated, wondering whether to respond, and then bolted for the door, slamming it behind him. Over the past fourteen days it had become pretty obvious that Matt had a type – tall, thin, dark haired, pale. Basically he seemed to have the exact same taste in guys as me, so I enjoyed ogling them every morning, even if I wasn't completely over Aaron was still trying desperately to deny the fact Freddie made me horny as hell.

We laughed as I stood up to wander into the kitchen and get myself some breakfast; I'd have to leave for college in twenty minutes and I was starving. Minutes later, Matt wandered into the room groaning quietly and walked straight to the sink, threw up, and poured himself a glass of water.

'So what was his name?' Freddie asked, grinning, as Matt collapsed beside him on the couch and downed his water.

Matt shrugged, looking green, and placed his now empty glass on the coffee table.

'Dude you have a problem,' Freddie said, shaking his head. 'Have you at least swiped your V-card with one of them?'

Matt elbowed him, looking mortified.

'You're a virgin?' I asked, surprised. I mean, he'd been bringing home guys every night for the last two weeks. It wasn't exactly farfetched that I would assume he wasn't.