Chapter Seven - The Air Witch

They walked towards the hut, which appeared larger the closer they approached. The front door was a dark wood with patterns carved upon it. Alma knocked gently on the door. It Swung open and there stood a tall, slim woman with long auburn hair. She beamed suggesting excitement towards her visitors.

"Hurry inside my dears. I am sure the wind will pick up soon." Aurea smiled ushering Alma and Dante into her small cottage. She spoke with a soft but high pitched tone and she radiated a pleasant and positive energy. As she closed the door, wind chimes, clanked and echoed around the room.

Once they were inside and seated in Aureas small living room space, which she had a small fire and two wooden chairs, Aurea grabbed a small cotton pillow. It looked hand sewn and slightly untidy and she placed it on the hard stone floor and sat down on it next to the blazing fire.

" I am so pleased to have your company. You must be Alma?" Aurea expressed a pleased look on her face. The glow from the fire, danced among her golden cheeks, her complexion like a field of wheat during the season of harvest.

"Yes. I have been told I must collect an item from you?" Alma anxiously spoke, but Aurea smiled like a child, her soft face was decorated with delicate soft freckles. 

"Of course, but first I need you to do something for me." Aurea replied. "I need an item, but it a bit further up the mountain than here. There is a birds nest. A large eagle. I would like its feather." 

Alma looked confused. "I do not ask for any violence, I merely would like you to fetch a feather from the nest." Aurea continued. "And I know it sounds easy but you see I am tall. Quite a tall woman, I have the elf gene in me. Because of this I cannot reach the nest as it is in very tricky place, you must climb up and through a crevice in the mountain walls in which I know i shall never fit."

"Alright." Dante replied. "We can do that." He smiled at Alma looking for agreement. 

"Oh thank you, thank you, I need this feather, I love feathers you see, many feathers I collect, i treasure them all, they keep me happy." Aurea spoke quickly in an ecstatic way. Alma stood up which seemed to silent her. 

"Yes, we can get you the eagle feather." Alma smiled down at her gently. 

"Great!" Aurea stood now too, towering over both Alma and Dante. She headed to her front door and opened it. "I greatly appreciate it." Alma nodded back and walked out onto the stone floor with Dante. Aurea did also, and pointed at all her feathers, naming each one. "Starling, Yellow, Dove, Duck, Swan, Sparrowhawk, Blue, Flamin..." She paused and then turned to the mountain. "Go back the way you came, downwards but turn right at the first chance you can. This will take you round and through the mountain to where the eagle nest is. I know this because I have tried to get there myself, but it becomes too narrow. I see the Eagle fly up there all the time." She pointed as she directed, elongating her words and using her hands to narrate. 

"Thank you Aurea, we wont be long." Dante grinned at her. Aurea stopped speaking, noticing she had gotten too excited and had spoken probably a little too much. 

Alma skipped back to where she had came from and Dante followed behind in a fast pace. Aurea watched and smiled, waving briefly before closing her wooden door behind her. The wind picked up quite suddenly around Alma and Dante's ankles and then left again as quickly as it had came. 

Alma noticed the turning to go right. Mountain wall reached up on both sides up to the sky above, the ground was rough and rugged, and as they walked through it was clear they were indeed heading upwards and more and more right as if they were spiralling upwards. 

Dante laughed to himself as he walked behind Alma. 

"What?" Alma asked. "Whats so funny?" 

"Oh nothing, just Aurea is quite the character." Dante replied smiling. "Very excited."