Chapter Twelve - An Unusual Friend

Before they knew it, they had arrived back among the pine trees and the deer stopped. Alma and Dante stepped down and patted the deer gently in thanks. She galloped away back into the deep forest, a glimpse of grey getting further away.

"Right, It will be dark soon, I suggest we head south and find the meadows and the castle should be in view." Dante smiled at Alma.

They walked through the pine trees, trying to use the lowering sun as direction. The birds sang and woodland creatures scurried around.

"Thank you by the way."

"What for?" Dante replied.

"For coming with me, just I was scared I had to do this all alone."

"That's alright."

"Seriously tho-"

"WATCH OUT THE WAY" Suddenly from above a tree, a figure came hurdling down towards Alma and Dante, hitting the ground hard, face first. It was a woman, in a yellow peasant dress, worn and torn and she had blonde hair tied back in a messy bob.

"Are you okay?" Alma asked concerned.

"Yeah, yeah." The woman replied lifting herself up and brushing off dirt and pine needles from herself. "Well that was interesting." She looked up from where she had fell. "I was up there you see." Alma and Dante looked up too curiously.

"Up a tree?" Dante asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I was climbing. Well I was hiding from something." The woman laughed. "I'm Willow, nice to meet ya. Sorry I fell down on ya like that, I was expecting to fall at some point I suppose. Oh a rabbit!"

"Hi, I'm Alma and this is Dante. What were you hiding from?"

"Oh just beasts, its getting dark and its safer than the ground. Look at that rabbit!"

"Well... You could have died from that fall." Dante replied coldly.

"Well were you off to anyway? I'm heading to the castle." Willow smiled ignoring him.

"Yes, same, do join us?" Alma cheerily replied trying to be as friendly as possible.

They all walked in silence for a little while before Willow stopped in her tracks.
"What is it?" Alma asked worried.

"I thought I heard a beast." Willow replied, looking around. "I am sure its fine." She carried on walking again. "Did you say you were going to the castle?" 

Eventually the Castle was in view and as they walked across the meadow, the sun reached the horizon line leaving an orange sky behind followed by black in the east.

"Phew, got here just in time." Willow giggled. Alma nodded in agreement, Dante chose not to reply.

Inside the castle, Conn, Marium and Estefan sat around the table in the dining hall, discussing life and how they would be able to move in and take over the castle.

The doors opened and in walked Alma, Dante and Willow. Alma ran over to her parents to hug them, they embraced her joyfully, feeling glad she was safe.

Conn walked over to Dante and shook his hand and then looked at Willow

"Hello my dear, where are you from?" Conn asked Willow with a soft smile.

"The village." Willow bluntly replied. Conn looked at Willow calmly as if studying her face and then smiled at her. He then smiled at Dante.

Willow rushed over to the large glass windows curiously. 

"She said she was coming to the castle." Alma said to Conn. "Not sure why. I have the stones; I just need to know how do I find Cetusanna?" 

"All I can suggest is to look for her. Follow the river up. I am sure you will be able to convince her."