Chapter Five - Illusions And Questions

Thea did not put her book down. Never before had she been so intrigued by such stories. Her father never allowed her to read anything which would open her mind to outside views. She lacked in outside influences and Mulo preferred it this way.

Lying in her bed, reading page after page about the legends of the gods and goddesses, Thea had an idea. She wanted to go outside. And she did not mean her tiny secluded patch of grass.

She rose quickly, fetched her long black cotton cloak and floated along the corridor, past her Fathers room as quietly as she could, down the spiral stairs, to Onas' room. She knocked on the wooden door gently.

Onas pulled his door open, and smiled at Thea before ushering her in.

"I want to go outside," Thea declared bravely.

"Child, are you sure?" Onas replied hushing her and turning to shut the door behind them.

"Yes. I want to go exploring, I want to feel the grass."

"You know of grass?" Onas asked back. Thea shyly nodded. "Child there is more than grass outside, there are trees and animals. Sunlight, starlight, many things." He shuffled towards a messy bookcase, covered in many books. Thea watched him carefully.

"I am not magic Thea; I don't know what you want from me. How do you think I can help you?" He walked over to a desk, and pulled open draws, looking inside for something.

"I know Onas, of course, I just hoped maybe you had an idea on how I could get out of here."

Onas paused as he found what he was looking for. He lifted out a large silver hand mirror. It was decorated in grooves and swirls around the handle. Walking over to Thea, he handed it to her.

"What is it?" Thea asked, taking the mirror from him and reaching it to her face.

"It is the Illusion Mirror. This can help you leave the castle but you will need an item which belongs to someone else. A soldier or a follower perhaps. And then you chant these words..." Onas shuffled back over to the draw again and pulled out a piece of parchment, which looked old.

"Jofi ni vimm, jofi..." Thea said the words out loud but Onas stopped her.

"Not yet, wait. Those of words from the ancient language of the gods." He took the parchment, rolled it up and placed it in her pocket. "Put the mirror in there too so no one sees it."

"Thank you Onas!" Thea grinned with her face filled with gratitude. She turned to walk out.

"Oh and if you want to know any more about the mirror. It shall be in your little book." Onas called as Thea skipped out the room. She ran back up the stairs, past her Fathers chambers and into her room.

She shut her door with a thump and leaped onto her bed, where she had left her book. She carefully took the silver mirror out from her pocket and placed it on the bed next to her. It was beautiful. She picked up the book once more and flicked through the pages, searching for information on the mirror.

She found the page and stared at it. It had beautiful illustrations on how it worked.

'The Illusion Mirror.

A bewitched item which gives the utilise the ability to disguise themselves as whomever they opt for. Engendered by The Moon Goddess as a gift for the Vampire God. A saccharine Irony that in fact Vampires do not have reflections and so could never utilise the Mirror themselves.

How to utilise:

Find a piece of apparel, be it a hat, a shirt, a cloak, and place the item on yourself. Look into the mirror, and chant the incantation. Keep reiterating until you descry you have transmuted forms.