6] hot blonde

Once inside the house, we all gather into the living room to discuss what we are going to do

Once inside the house, we all gather into the living room to discuss what we are going to do. I don't know why we even need to discuss it. There is no other option. They would be stupid not to take Elyza's offer to get us out of the town. Well actually I can think of one other option. So I give it a shot and voice my idea.

"We could help her fight them." Silence. They all look at me like I was speaking in a different language. "What? We could."

"Don't be absurd, Alicia." My mom says. "We can't fight them. We can't risk our safety to fight a war we have no part of."

I know they won't budge, but I have try. "Why not? We have a ton more weapons now. And probably the best and most dangerous weapon of all. Elyza took out 5 of their men on her own yesterday. Daniel is an amazing shot. I can.."

"No!" My mom interrupts me. "We are not discussing this. I don't know what they want with her, and frankly I don't care. All I care about is the safety of the people in this house. End of story." I fold my arms and glare at her. She might not care about Elyza but I do. I'm scared to leave her. I'm scared of what is going to happen to her after she leaves us and she is on her own.

"I don't think we should help her fight. I don't think we could hold our own against a bunch of soldiers." Coward. "I do however, think we should take her offer to help us out of here." Nick looks at me apologetically for not siding with my idea. I turn away from him and look out the window. I know I am being childish. I doubt Elyza would let us help her anyway. She would never put us, well me specifically, in harm's way.

"If they are after her, wont it be more of a risk to take her help." I look at Strand when the words leave his mouth. Then I look at Travis who has his arms folded, with one hand holding his chin. He is slowly nodding up and down. Don't do it Travis! Don't be fucking daft.

He doesn't let me down. "I think she is our only chance. She knows them, knows they have traps and what they look like. We use her to get out, then go our separate ways." I cringe at the last part. I don't want to go our separate ways. She forced herself into my world, shook it all around, and turned it upside down. I wouldn't go back even if I could.

Everyone agrees that this is our only option. Whatever. My idea was good, and could have worked, but no one ever listens to me. We start packing all of our belongings into the van waiting on Elyza to get back with the other.

We hear tires rolling up the drive way. I smile when I see her. She has her aviators on, the driver's side window is rolled all the way down with her arm hanging out. Once she reaches us she peers at me over her sunglasses and smiles.

"Anyone order a blistering hot blonde from Australia?" She just thinks she's so witty. It doesn't matter if she really is. I'm not going to tell her that. Chris is standing next to me and raises his hand. I can't help the scowl I throw at him. I swear to god Chris, I will cut you and sleep just fine afterwards!