25] nightmare

I open my eyes to total darkness. I have no idea where I am, because I can't fucking see anything. Where ever I am it is cold, smells of disinfectants, and antiseptics. I can hear faint beeping sounds in the distance. I pull Elyza's jacket around me, and inhale her scent. Elyza, where are you? I take a few steps and my feet echo loud throughout the room.

All of a sudden the lights above me start flicking on one by one. I'm in a huge white cement hallway. As the lights fly all the way down to the end, I can see there are rooms with thick metal doors on each side. Oh my god. I'm in a horror movie. I hate horror movies. I'm going to die. My heart starts thumping loud in my ears.

My feet start moving on their own. No, feet stop! They do. At the first fucking door of course. I try and close my eyes because I am assuming something scary is in there, like a clown or some scary looking ghost bitch, that wants to eat my soul! But there is nothing in there but some medical machines, and a metal table with arm and leg straps on it. Ok, freaky but not so bad. I was really expecting the ghost bitch. You know, one with crazy eyes, and a head that can magically twist 360 degrees.

My feet start taking me to the next door, traitorous feet. Don't they know this is exactly how the beginning of a horror movie starts. Oh hey, look at that scary hallway with doors lining each side. I know! Why don't we go towards them and see what's in them! Boom! Next thing you know you have a scary killer after you, and then you die.

Once I make it to the next door, I look inside and see the exact same set up as the other room. But this time Nick is strapped to the table. He has tubes and wires coming out of his entire body, but appears to be asleep. I start banging on the door and try to open it.

"Nick!" I scream, still pounding away. "Nick! Open the door, Nick. Please!" I go for my gun so I can shoot the glass pane on the door, but it's not strapped to my waist. My dagger is missing also. I keep pounding on the door, but he won't wake up.

"Help me!" I scream down the hallway. "Please, someone help!" I run to the next door to see if someone is in there to help. I see Ofelia in the same set up as Nick. No, no, no. Please be a dream. Wake up Alicia! Please wake up. I close my eyes trying to wake myself up when I hear a blood curdling scream, that breaks my heart into a million pieces.

"Elyza!" I yell taking off trying to find her in one of the rooms. She is in the very last room on the left. When I get to the door and see her, I scream myself.

She is hanging by her wrists from the ceiling. She has tubes going in every vein in her body, taking all of her blood. There are tears of blood streaming from her eyes. Also, blood is coming out of her nose, mouth and ears. Her face is beaten black and blue, and she is screaming in pain. I can feel her pain within my own body, and it hurts so bad. But I don't care about my own pain, only hers.

"Elyza!" I scream out, while trying to break open the door. I throw my shoulder into it, after my fists won't make it budge. "Elyza! Please look at me!" I scream pounding my palm against the window to get her attention. She just keeps screaming from the pain. It feels like someone rips the heart from my very chest, seeing her like this. I try and tell myself it's just a dream. That I will wake up soon. I try to close my eyes again, so I can attempt to wake up but I cant. I can't take my eyes off of her. My vision goes blurry from all my tears, and I can see a shape of someone walking up behind her.

I wipe my tears the best I can, and when I see who is in the room with her, a vicious growl erupts from within me. It's Jayson. I start punching the glass harder, breaking my hand in the process. My teeth are bared like I have seen Elyza do time and again. He looks at me, throws his head back and laughs. He walks up to Elyza and whispers something in her ear. She stops screaming, and starts letting out more of a whimpered cry. Her eyes slowly drag from the floor to look up at me, more tears of blood falling down her face. "Hodnes." I hear her cry.