26] forgive me

Elyza makes her way off the porch and heads down the drive way. Elyza has never really cried since she was a small kid, but every step she takes, leading her farther away from Alicia, the tears seem to fall more.

"Going some where Chief?" Maree's voice calls out once she passes the armored truck.

Elyza was so deep in her own thoughts, and in her plans to save everyone that she forgot Maree would be on watch.

She turns to look at Maree, who is standing on top of the truck. She has a cigarette hanging from her mouth, a rifle over her shoulder and is as naked as the day she was born.

"Maree... why are you naked?" She asks.

"Don't try and change the subject. What the fuck is going on?" She says, taking a drag from her cigarette.

"I gotta run and go do something Maree. If I'm not back in a day, can you take Alicia and the rest of the group east?"

Maree stares at her for awhile contemplating what Elyza said. "What do you have to go do? Speak true."

"Just some shit Maree. Don't fucking question me. Just do as I ask you, ok." Elyza tells her before heading back down the driveway.

"Why are you crying about just doing simple shit?" Maree yells loud.

"Will you shut the fuck up, and keep your fucking voice down!" She growls out turning to face Maree. She can't afford to have Alicia wake up.

"She's leaving us." Lyndsey says, walking out from behind the truck. She has nothing but a blanket wrapped around her.

Elyza's eyes widen in shock. "Were you guys just..."

"Hey! We be the ones askin the questions around here." Maree then snaps her fingers at Elyza to get her attention away from Lyndsey. "Eyes up here young fella."

"Why are you leaving us again?" Lyndsey asks. "Better yet, why are you leaving Alicia?"

"It's none of your fucking business!" Elyza says.

Maree and Lyndsey both take a step back in shock. Then Lyndsey starts heading over to Elyza and gets right into her face.

"You're a real piece of fucking work, you know that! How dare you say it's none of our fucking business. You're the only fucking family we have left. We risked our lives to try and help you at the compound. And for what? For you to go and hand yourself back to the fucking asshole you left us for in the first place."

"Drop that truth bomb, babe!" Maree says.

"And what about that fucking girl inside, Elyza? Do you even see the way she looks at you? She looks at you like you fucking hung the moon and stars in the sky. Does she know what your doing?"

"I'm saving her that's what I'm fucking doing!" Elyza yells.

Lyndsey starts laughing and that pisses Elyza off. She clenches her fists hard.

"You're saving her? Are you delusional? How is breaking her heart saving her?"

"She will be alive. And so will you, and Maree, and the rest of the group. I would gladly sacrifice myself for her. For all of you, so you can have a chance. Get as far away as you can, and he won't be able to touch you guys." Elyza has tears running down her cheeks again. "Do you think I want to do this? Do you think I want to go back to the torture, and spend the rest of my life locked up in his grasp. No. I don't. But I love her. And I would rather take whatever it is I have coming than risk anything happening to her. Or you guys. I'm protecting you. Just like I always have."