40] eyes turn black

On her way to Alicia in the lab, Elyza throws a knife into the last soldier, as he was still shooting at her

On her way to Alicia in the lab, Elyza throws a knife into the last soldier, as he was still shooting at her. She has had to have been hit at least ten times, her body under the vest riddled with bruises from the impact. She has many bullets in her arms, leg and shoulder, but she doesn't care. Her whole body is numb, and it's not because of the trauma it sustained or the blood loss.

It's because of the broken look on Alicia's face. How her body is completely slack from exhaustion, that she can't even hold her head up. Elyza flies into the room, and grabs for the chains. She pulls and breaks them, catching Alicia as her body slumps down. She sits them on the floor and she pulls Alicia into her lap, holding onto her as tight as she can, in hopes that it is not painful. She can't control herself right now. She knows tears are falling down her face, when a sob rocks her chest.

"I'm so sorry, Hodnes. I'm so fucking sorry!" She yells, as she starts rocking them back and forth on the floor. She puts her face in Alicia's hair, breathing her in.

"It's going to be ok, Elyza." Alicia says faintly.

Elyza's heart shatters at the sound of her one loves voice. What is she going to do, if she won't get to hear that voice every single day, for the rest of her life? Another sob escapes, and she can feel Alicia moving around in her lap to face her. She starts to pepper Elyza's face with light kisses. Hungrily, she takes Alicia's lips in her own. She breaks away when she feels the soft tears falling from Alicia's eyes.

She takes her thumbs and wipes away the tears from under Aicia's eyes. That's when she notices the now black streaks under Alicia's eyes from where her thumbs had just touched. She looks down at her hands and notice they are covered in a black substance. Then she looks to Alicia's bite. Black blood is oozing out of the wound. She snaps her eyes back to Alicia's.

"What did they do to you, Hodnes?" She says, horrified at what could have happened to her heart, her love, her everything.

Alicia tries to hold onto Elyza, but Elyza never broke the leather straps around her wrists. She whips out a knife and cuts them for her, and then starts rubbing her wrists, and brings them up to her mouth to kiss. Alicia puts her head into the side of Elyza's neck and takes a deep breath. She kisses it before explaining what happened.

Being here in Elyza's lap feels so good, I can almost forget the last two days of my life. I put my face in her neck and breath in. The familiar scent of her, forcing more of my tears to fall. I kiss her neck. During the whole ordeal, I really tried to push the thoughts of never having this with her, again, as far away from my mind as possible. I needed faith. Now though, since she is right here, and I am feeling her. I am hearing her. Tasting her.. I can't imagine losing this. I can't imagine never having this again. I look down at my bite. It's not a death sentence. Not for sure. There is a 50% chance I will overcome this. It could be worse..

"They created something out of your blood, that they believed will replicate your healing abilities. They tested it on Maree and I. It worked on her, Elyza. She's safe." I say trying to boost her mood, letting her know she won't lose her sister. I feel her tense up, underneath me. "On the plus side, you'll always be inside of me." I sigh. "That was supposed to come out flirty, and sexy." I tell her. Also, I was trying to wiggle my eyebrows, but even they are too tired.