10] I lost our dagger

Once I get done screaming into my pillow, I decide I should probably go check and see if any one needs help with anything down stairs. I kind of ditched everyone the second we walked in the door. Plus, I have to stay busy, so I won't drive myself crazy thinking about what happened and what almost fucking happened in that bed.

Everyone is hanging out in the living room except Nick who is in the kitchen. I decide to go grab some food and hang out with him. He's taking the time to clean some of the guns and restocking the ammo. He smiles when I walk up.

"Need some help?" I ask him.

"Sure." He hands me some ammo and clips. "Have you seen this?" He gets up from the table and opens up some of the cupboards. They are stocked full with ammo. Then he goes to the fridge and opens it up. All the shelves have been taken out, and there are at least 10 different rifles.

"Holy shit." Wow. She really doesn't fuck around.

"Remind me never to get on her bad side." He says to me.

"Oh, don't worry big brother. I'll put in a good word for you. So don't get on my bad side either." I point at him with a serious face.

I really love my brother. Looking back, I wonder what would it have been like if I knew Elyza before the apocalypse. I snicker picturing Elyza with Nick pinned to the wall, his arm yanked behind his back, while she tells him to get his shit together or she will do it for him.

"Done." He laughs and goes back to sit at the table cleaning the guns.

"Hey Nick?" He looks up at me. "I'm really scared."

"You're gonna have to be a little more specific, Alicia. The dead are walking, and the living are always after us." He doesn't say it mean or sarcastically. He just wants all the facts so he can give me the best advice.

I guess I'm scared about those things too, but that's not what is at the top of my list. I'm kind of used to that kind of fear.

"I'm scared about what's going to happen when we get where we're going. You may have noticed Elyza and I got pretty close pretty fast."

"Please tell me this isn't the sex talk. I'm not the best to ask for advice. I haven't been a lesbian for years." He jokes. Ha fucking ha, Nick.

"Shut up idiot, it's not that." I kick him under the table. Jerk. "I care about her. She told me a lot more about her past. I know why she is doing what she's doing, and I know what she's up against. I know she's practically a fucking superhero, but even the hero can fall sometimes."

He puts his hand on top of mine, and looks me in the eye. "I know you're worried about her. I wish I could tell you it will all be ok. But you have to have some hope. Elyza Lex doesn't seem like the type to fail."

I nod at him. "I wish I could convince her to come with us. But that's not very fair is it?" He shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't really know the whole story. So I'm sorry Alicia, I cant answer that." When did Nick Clark grow up?

"It's not fair of me to ask. Trust me." I look at the guns on the table, and look over to the cupboards and fridge. "We gotta help her, Nick." I throw it at him like it's my last lifeline, which I feel that it is.

He shakes his head no. "Mom will never agree to it, or Travis. Hell, I don't even think Elyza would either."

I'm not ready to accept that answer. "Please Nick. Help me convince them."