The Afterparty

I sat in the lounge room by myself, not really knowing where to go since my room was no longer livable. I never got to see my dad again. He probably had to leave when the Prime Minister left.

I picked at my finger nails and pulled at the tight dress I was dying to get out of.

"Jessica?" I heard someone call in the hall. I looked in that direction not positive it was my name I had heard. "Jessica?" I heard it again. I got up and hurried to the door and ran straight into the one and only Joseph Copland.

"Woah sorry Mr. Copland, didn't know you were so close." I blushed.

He was gripping my forearms to keep me from falling, but dropped them when I called him Mr. Copland. "Don't call me that." He mumbled.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I don't want YOU to call me that. It's just Joseph." My eyebrows shot up in surprise. As long as I've known him he hasn't asked anyone to just call him Joseph. Then again I hadn't  known him that long.

"Alright." I nodded the little voice in my head was screaming. "Joseph." I added a couple of seconds later. He smiled softly and nodded.

"Good. Now come with me." He lead me forward with a hand on my lower back.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I was guided to an unfamiliar part of the mansion.

"My room." He said calmly, meanwhile I was choking on the air. His room?! Why?
For what? "Calm down Jessica." He chuckled. "I went by your room and it's absolutely ruined. There's no way you could stay in there. So you'll be staying with me tonight." He shrugged as if it was no big deal!

"With you. In your room?" I asked cautiously.

"Yes Jessica. With me, in my room." He looked bored with the conversation now. I was internally freaking out thinking about all the possibilities that could come from this.

I didn't say anything in return just stayed silent until we got to his room. The air was tense. At least it was to me. Joseph looked completely at ease. He pushed the door open, and surprised me how normal it looked. It wasn't huge, bigger than my room, but not as big as one would thing the owner of a mansion like this would have. The floor was dark hard wood and the bed spread and other decorations were blue. It looked like a typical teenage boys room to be honest. For some reason that made me slightly more at ease.

"You've been standing there awhile. What do you think of the room?" He asked while taking off his designer shoes and tux jacket.

"It's nice. Not what I expected it to be." I said and sat down beside him on the bed.

"Hmm and what were you expecting miss Jessica?" He asked smirking at me.

I blushed slightly under his stare and fiddled with my fingers nervously. " I dunno. I thought it would be like a kings bedroom or something. Bigger, with a chandelier, and multiple floors." I giggled and looked down at my hands.

"Would you like that better?" He asked with his head tilted slightly to the side.

I thought for a moment. "No." I concluded. "This is good. Simple. I like simple." I nodded and smiled up at him.

He nodded and smiled/smirked at me. "You know what I would like better?" He questioned with an eyebrow raised. I shook my head. "This." He whispered and pressed his lips down on mine.

I was frozen stiff. Sure this wasn't the first time this had happened but things were different now. I liked Joseph at this point. After a few moments I could tell that he was getting frustrated with my unresponsiveness by the way he pulled me closer and kissed harder.