A New Place

Not only was I lying in the softest bed I had ever been in, but my left arm was strapped down to it painfully tight. My hand went up to my head and felt the bandages that surrounded almost my entire forehead. The room around me was large. Larger than any of the ones I had seen at Joseph's mansion. The bed was in the middle, with lavish couches and tables situated around it. There were 3 doors that connected to the room. It was dark, with an eerie red glow as the deep crimson curtains were drawn over the windows.

My whole body throbbed and burned, but I drug my legs over to the side of the bed and pried and pulled at the restraint on my wrist. The smooth metal didn't budge an inch as I tried to pry open the thing. I couldn't get my fingers I between the contraption and my skin, and I was sure it was cutting off some blood circulation.

The longer I sat pulling the faster my heart started to beat and the more my eyes started to burn with tears. I blinked and sniffed rapidly to keep the salty tears at bay. I could not let the enemy see me cry. My fear was driving me to keep pulling to get free.

I froze in my spot when I heard a key being shoved into the lock on the door resting opposite the bed I was currently trapped in. Adrenaline began to pump through my veins and I pulled harder against my constriction. I cried out in frustration as blood began to run from the cuff down my hand.

The door flew open and hit the wall behind it with a force I was sure broke a hole in it. I watched the figure emerge from the shadows behind the door. He walked in a way that radiated dominance and power. His dark hair and tan skin seemed to glisten in the soft light of the room. Once he got closer I could see his eyes were a dark brown that almost had a black tint to them. His pink lips had a smirk on them that instantly made me squirm, and look away.

"Ah my love I see you're awake." He sat down at the foot of the bed. His dark eyes trailed down my body, making me realize for the first time I wasn't wearing the dress I was wearing to the funeral. A very short almost transparent pink night gown covered my body, but left little to the imagination. My cheeks flushed and I unconsciously covered myself from his prying gaze. "What have you done?" He asked almost angrily. He moved closer until I could reach out and touch him. I whimpered and backed away from his outstretched hand.  He grabbed my wrist attached to the bed and inspected the blood running from it.

"Why would you do this to yourself?" He asked looking me in the eyes. I was sure I looked like a deer in the headlights.

"I-" I said before my voice cracked and broke from being so dry. "I don't want to be here." I answered honestly. "I want to go home."

His eyes narrowed into scary slits. "Home? You don't have a home. You have a room at the Copland mansion, and where you grew up you can hardly be called home especially with your father gone. They don't want you." He spoke as he took a key out of his pocket and let my second hand free.

I stared at him for a moment with my eyebrows furrowed. "How dare you talk about my life like you know anything. You have no right to tell me whether or not I have a home and a family. You don't get to tell me that!" I ended up yelling the last statement. The sick smile on his face made my anger spike to new heights.

I snapped when he began to laugh. My free fist clenched tightly and quickly snapped out to connect his with his jaw. His head flew to the side from the impact. I winced when my hand began to sting and tingle. I could only imagine what his face felt like. I didn't have to imagine long as his hand connected with my face shortly after. His blow sent me flying backwards onto the bed. I groaned and put my hand over the now throbbing skin. It brought tears to my eyes but they thankfully this time stayed in their place.

"Learn your place. You're nothing here. I don't know how you were treated at Joseph's mansion but here things will be different when I ask you listen, when I call you come, when I'm talking you're quiet. Got it little princess." He growled obviously furious he'd been slapped.