Unnerving

Your body has trillions of nerve cells running through it. These nerves are what allows you to feel sensations. Every single trillion of mine felt like they were set on fire and burning me from the inside.

The man, his name he had told me was Peter, seemed to be trained in such a way so that he knew exactly how to hit, where to burn, as to inflict the maximum amount of pain. My screams went out to uncaring ears if any at all. I begged him to stop but he seemed to take some sort of sick pleasure in inflicting pain.

He asked me if I knew anything about a retaliation plan from Joseph's mob. After what felt like millions of times of screaming I didn't know anything about any attacks coming. My fuzzy mind couldn't recall anything that point so even trying to tell him anything would have been useless.

"So you're Joseph Copland's girl. You know he and I have a bit of history together." He paused a moment seemingly thinking to himself. "Ah I won't bore with all that. Let's get back to the event at hand." His blue eyes gleamed in a way that would be burned into my memory for the rest of my life.

He raised his knife once more after his questions went unanswered once again. I winced and shielded away from the impending attack. His hand paused over my stomach when the door was flung open.

"Stop!" I didn't relax my stance on the floor when my torturer stood up and went to approach the intruder at the door.

I heard them whispering quietly to themselves. I couldn't muster the energy to strain to hear their conversation. I raised my hand to my face to wipe my tears away before either of them could see them, but the end result was smearing my bloody hand all over.

"What is this?! You were told not to touch her face!" Well that's comforting. I thought to myself.

"I assure sure I did not touch her pretty young face." Peter bent and ran his finger along my cheek. My face moved away instinctively from his disgusting hand.

"Enough. Get your hands off her." His hand withdrew from my skin as if he had been burned.

I could feel myself being picked up and held in the mans arms. The man I could now identify as the same person that had brought me down here. Every step we took I could feel my body prickle from top to bottom in pain. I could tell he was close to a run by how much I was jarring around in his arms.

"You're loosing too much blood." He said looking down at my blood soaked nightgown. I could see my blood trailing on the floor behind us. Cameron's words were confirmed when my vision swam and black dots began to invade my vision. I blinked slowly welcoming the release the darkness would provide. "I need you to keep your eyes open Jessica. We're almost there." His voice was panicked, and he began to run.

I was laid down onto a bed just before my eyes closed and my hearing dimmed down to nothing.

****

Joseph

Sitting at the dinner table and eating made me feel like throwing up anything that I had eaten. All I could think about was is she eating? Is she hurt? And how could I have let this happen.

I dropped my fork letting it clatter down loudly into my plate and exited the dining room uncharacteristically theatric.

40 feet. She was only 40 feet away when she was taken from the church's front steps. 40 feet away when the bomb went off. And now 2000 miles away, held by the 2 people I hate most in the world. Romano, and his pathetic son Stefan.

I made it to my office surprised to see the inside had been cleaned once again from my episode this morning when I received a call from Romano.

****