I Will Ruin You

Previously---

I walked in and was relieved to see people. The relief was short lived though as I saw what all the men had their eyes trained on.

A tv screen was on and had a man strapped to a chair. His face was bloody, bruised, and swollen. His clothes were torn and splattered with blood as well.

I wouldn't have recognized him if I hadn't knowing him my entire life. A loud gasp escaped my lips as he lifted his head and I was staring straight into the eyes of my father.
-------------------------------------------------------

All the heads in the room swiveled to face me, but my eyes stayed glued to the screen front of me horrified at the sight.

"Dad." I whispered and covered my mouth.

"Jessica. What are you doing in here?" Joseph said standing in front of me efficiently blocking my view of the tv screen.

I ignored his question and asked one of my own. "What the hell is that?" I questioned pointing to my bloody father behind him. "What is going on?!" I yelled and looked around the room. All the other men in the room looked down at the ground to avoid my eyes.

"Jess, why don't you sit down and we can,-"

"No!!" I yelled cutting him off. "I will not sit down. I want you to tell me why my father is being tortured!" My panic was rapidly transforming into anger.

"Hey look at me." He gripped my chin and pulled my face to look him in the eyes. "It's alright we're handling everything. You're dad is going to be alright.

I opened my mouth to speak when I heard a voice on the tv. "Joseph buddy you there?" I narrowed my eyes at the man speaking on the tv. He had tanner skin, dark brown maybe black hair with little specks of gray here and there, and for an old man he didn't have many wrinkles.

Joseph mumbled under his breath before heading over to his desk and picking up the phone dialing a number. "Ramono you son of a bitch let him go." Joseph growled over the phone.

"Oh yea you know I don't think I will. You have two of my men, well actually one now considering you killed one of them." He said it so calmly like the fact that one of his dying didn't bother him at all. "Plus it's been so long since I tortured someone. I don't really want this to end." He said gleefully.

"You sick bastard! You let him go or I swear to,-" Joseph was cut off by the man on the screen, Ramono.

"Ah ah Joe I don't really think you're in the position of making threats, do you?" He said tsking his tongue and walking around my father putting his hands on the back of the chair he was strapped to.

"I have one of you're men too Ramono I can do the same things to him you've done to Richard." Joseph threatened once again.

"Do it." Ramono shrugged. "He is easily replaceable. I fear though that this man is a little more important to you than just any old guy. You can't replace him. He's your pretty little Jessica's daddy isn't he?"

I clenched my fists. I'm sure if we were in a cartoon right now steam would have been coming out of my ears. My dad was there because of me. He wasn't there because we killed one of his men, he was there because Ramono knew that hurting my dad would hurt me and in turn would be hurting Joseph.

"Don't say her name!" Joseph yelled into the phone. He look just as furious as I did.

"Joseph, I'll make you a deal. You give me the girl, and I'll let you're guy go." Ramono said sitting down in a chair of his own.