Underwater

"Sir." Ruben said standing up from his sitting position.

"Ruben, nice to see you." Joseph said as he took a seat next to him. Ruben sat down again after Joseph was seated as did everybody else in the room. I felt like all eyes were on us as I sat down in the other chair next to Ruben.

"Alright, let's get started." Joseph said picking up a large looking weapon in front of him. He pulled out the cleaning supplies and got right into it. Ruben stayed silent the whole time. Joseph did as well. I wasn't sure if it was because they were concentrating or they just didn't want to talk to each other.

*****

After all the guns were put away and locked in their cage we left. We were leaving the door when Ruben caught my arm. "Get some." He whispered in my ear and released me. I scoffed and smacked his arm surly leaving my hand print on his skin.

"Shut up!" I whispered back before hurrying off to catch up with my escort. I heard him laugh behind me as I ran.

"So Jessica I was thinking that maybe we could go swimming today." He said almost shyly.

I raised an eyebrow. We he embarrassed? Was this some sort of date? Why swimming? Didn't he have work to be done? More and more questions kept popping up, and instead of asking them I just smiled and agreed. The tension around us was gone when he smiled down at me.

"Perfect." His white teeth were gleaning in the light. "So I'll meet you down at the pool in about 30 minutes." He said. I nodded at him and he walked off. The moment he was out of my sight I sprinted back to my room. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it to catch my breath.

"Oh my." I whispered into the empty room and rushed over to my closet. I looked for my bathing suit in the clothes I had brought from home. I dumped the bag out on the floor praying that I hadn't left it behind, thinking that I wouldn't be swimming any time soon.

My heart started to decelerate when I spotted it in the darkest corner of my bag. I closed my eyes and thanked the lord it was there. I don't know what I would've done. Gone in my underwear and pretended it was swimwear?

I pulled off all my clothes and tied my hair up loosely in a bun. I pulled the orangish-peach clothes onto my body and inspected myself in the mirror. I posed and stood in different ways to figure out the position I looked best in.

I finished getting ready 15 minutes early, so I decided that It would be better if I got there before him. Pulling a dress over my head I looked myself over one more time before calling it good. I hurried down the halls in my bare feet because I couldn't find sandals.

I got to the pool and to my luck no one was there. I took my dress off and hurried over to the shallow section. I hoped that Joseph wouldn't want to swim around considering I didn't know how to swim.....

--

Joseph POV

As I walked back to my room I kept asking myself why I was so nervous around her. I was afraid to ask her to go swimming with me. It's not even really a date and yet I was acting like a teenage boy asking a girl to prom. I mentally slapped myself on the head.

I got to my bed room and immediately thought about that night with Jessica when I called her a cheap whore. Every time I walked in my room that scene replayed over in my head. It made me cringe every time. I filled out some papers out that were sitting on my desk before i decided that it was getting close to 10:30 and should probably change into a pair of swimming trunks.

I walked down the hall and wondered if she would already be there. I probably should've tried to get there before her I realized as I rounded the corner and saw her already in the pool leaning on the side with her eyes closed.