Ripped

*Trigger warning* there is some instances of sexual abuse/rape in this chapter

Joseph

"Cameron I swear to god if something else happens to her until I get there I'm going to literally kill you. Don't let me down little cousin. Don't let her down." I warned my cousin over the phone. "We're looking at almost an entire week till I can come get her." My tone couldn't be more serious.

"Joseph, relax nothing is going to happen to her. I've basically been sleeping outside her room. I got pull here man I can take care of her. The only really problem at this point is Stefan that sick bastard. He comes by several times a day." His attempt to reassure me of his competence didn't do much.

"If he touches her.." I trailed off leaving my warning hanging in the air. He would hopefully assume the worst.

"I know, I know I got it handled..." Cameron trailed off and began talking to someone in the background. I sucked in a gulp of air at hearing the person he was talking too. Her sweet voice was slightly groggy like she had just woken up. Cameron had informed me when she woke up after the torture she had endured, but she'd been knocked out on pain pills basically from the moment she woke up.

"Cameron. Cameron let me talk to her." For the first time in my life I felt like I was begging.

He scoffed and laughed a little. "Alright, alright since you asked so nicely."

"Joseph?" She whispered in her tired groggy voice.

"Jessica." I sighed with relief. It had been 3 days since I had seen her safe.

"Yeah it's me."

"Are you alright? Is Cameron taking care of you. No ones touched you since.." I trailed off deciding to not bring up the torture. Whether for her benefit or mine I wasn't sure.

"Yea. I mean I hurt all over and all I want to do is sleep but I think I'll be alright yea. Cameron hasn't let anyone in my room. There have been a couple of times when there were knocked but then they left so I guess Cameron is doing a good job of keeping everybody away from me. I'm not sure how he has so much pull here, but I guess that's a question for another time." She laughed and then began coughing for a good 30 seconds straight. "Sorry about that. I guess I have some broken ribs."

I stayed silent trying to control the anger that was radiating inside of me. "I'm going to come and get you. You won't be there for much longer ok. You're going to be ok. Just hold on a little longer. Cameron is going to take good care of you until I get there. Then I'm going to bring you home." I tried to reassure her, but I myself was worried about the plan that we had come up with. There were holes that didn't make sense to me but what choice did I have? They had my girl.

"Ok." She answered quietly. "Don't take too long alright." Her soft voice did a number on me. My heart clenched and I yearned to touch her.

"I won't." I whispered back.

I yearned to tell her that nothing bad was going to happen, but I had learned long ago to never make a promise you can't keep.

••••

Jessica

It had been 3 days since Joseph and I's phone conversation. Wednesday's night was making its appearance. The light that had been coming in through the window all day was almost completely gone. Darkness was once again wrapping is dark claws around me.