Chapter 2 - Rain Is A Pain In The Butt Literally

"Ouch!" I yelled as I slipped and fell as I entered school landing on my butt with a thud. It started raining when I got home yesterday and it hasn't stopped. I stand up trying not to slip and fall again. When I get my balance I start walking towards my locker. But before I could even get there I ended up slipping again but instead of falling on my butt two strong arms caught me.

"Woah there sweetheart." I heard a deep voice say. I knew it was Noah.

"Thanks." I mumbled as he helped me stand straight up.

"Maybe you should consider the bubble wrap." He said.

"I told you," I straightened out my plain grey shirt. "I would get distracted in class, fail, and live unhappily ever after and not live my fairy tale." I explained.

"You believe in fairy tales?" He asked raising an eyebrow. I took in his appearance. He was wearing a black shirt that showed off his perfect toned upper body and some dark jeans. His dark brown hair was tousled perfectly. He looked attractive. But when doesn't he look attractive?

"Well I believe in love. I think there's someone out there for everyone. Every girl has a prince who is searching for their princess." I explained.

"Do you have a prince?" He asked raising his perfectly shaped eyebrow.

"Not yet. My prince probably took a wrong turn and got lost trying to find me." I laughed.

Noah let out a small laugh. "Well good luck waiting for your prince." He said. "I don't think he's as lost as you think." My eye widened slightly. He winked then he ruffled my hair. "See you later sweetheart."

He walked past me and in the direction of his class. I wonder who he's talking about. Does someone like me? Does he know something I don't?

"What are you in a daze about?" My best friend suddenly appeared in front of me snapping me out of the daze I was in. Her blonde hair was pulled up in a high pony tail and she was wearing a blue v-neck shirt with some faded skinny jeans and blue converses. I'm completely opposite of her. She has blonde straight hair and I have brown wavy hair. She has brown eyes and I have grey. She is tall and skinny while I'm short and not so skinny. But I'm not that big. I guess I'm average.

"Um nothing." I said biting my lip. I was lying. My mind was on Noah.

"You sure?" She asked tilting her head to the side clutching her books to her chest. I would tell her but something is stopping me from saying anything.

"Yep I'm fine." I shrugged and started walking to my locker. She walked beside me.

"Did you do the math homework?" She asked. I got a headache just thinking about how long it actually took me to do the math homework last night. My thoughts kept getting interrupted by me daydreaming about something random.

"Yes. It was torture." I groaned as I opened my locker. Jessica leaned against the locker beside mine and let out a sigh.

"I know right. I mean I didn't even get to eat dinner because I was so busy with homework. My brain is going to explode." She groaned.

I let out a small laugh. "I know what you mean jelly bean." I said and shut my locker. We both started walking to English class. Its the only class I'm actually good at.

We walked into class and took our seats. A few minutes later the bell rang and the teacher, Mrs. Wright walked in. She began talking about some up coming tests and essays will be doing as we started the new unit. I zoned out completely because of how boring it was.

***

"Man I wish it would stop raining." I said as I looked out the cafeteria windows watching the rain pour.