Chapter 19 - Did I Mention I Hate Suprises?

Everett looked at me with a nervous expression. He has just gotten here moments earlier so he could talk to me. He keeps fidgeting and opening his mouth like he's about to say something but closes it and stops himself.

"Everett its ok-"

"I'm gay." He blurted out cutting me off. I look at him with wide eyes. He's gay? Meaning he like boys and not girls? I studied his face and again he looked like he was about to cry. His eyes were watery and I could see his lip quivering a little.

"Oh." I mumbled. He raised an eyebrow at me trying to keep his composure.

"Oh? That's all you have to say is oh? I just told you something I have been keeping from everyone and all you say is oh?!" He snapped, tears now falling from his eyes. I was taken back by his tone. He suddenly realized that. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap."

"Its fine. Its just I don't know what you want me to say...." I trailed off shrugging. I felt bad. I wanted to tell him something that would help.

"I just need someone to talk to. Will you listen and just tell me what you think?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yea." I said quietly. He sighed heavily. He took a few deep breathes before he started.

"I think I've always known I was different. Growing up my brothers and Noah they were all into girls and stuff like that but I just couldn't seem to you know see a girl in a another way. Its hard to explain. I tried having girlfriends but it didn't work out. I would end up breaking up with them. Then when I was dared to kiss Jessica, afterwards I was just frustrated. I mean why can't I like girls? I don't want to be that gay guy who every girl wants to take shopping with. I don't want to be gay. But when I'm with a girl I just don't feel right. When I told my parents they got mad. Like really mad and I didn't mean to tell them. It just happened. What do I do?" He explained. More tears where now escaping his eyes.

"Everett I want you to know that I will always be your friend. So will Noah, Jessica, and Jason. Your parents are just in shock now. You're going to just have to tell them that this is you and you're not going to change. They will soon have to accept it. Its going to be hard now. I'll tell you that. But you have friends who are willing to help you get through it. You have us and we are going to help you. And if other people don't expect it then its their lost. They're losing an amazing friend." I explained. Everett just blinked. Once. Twice. Three times. Then he moved closer to me on my bed and he brought me in a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you Skylar." He whispered. I wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

"Everything will be okay. You just have to be strong now. Things might be stormy now but it can't rain forever. And I'll always be here if you need to talk." I told him.

"Thank you." He repeated. We stayed there for a while. I think he just needed someone to hug and I happily hugged back. My shoulder was becoming wet, probably from his tears. But I didn't mind. He pulled away from me for a moment. "Will you help me tell Jessica?" He asked. I nodded.

"Do you want me to call her now?" I asked.

"Yea. I just want to get it over with." He mumbled.

"Okay." I said and pulled out my phone. I dialed Jessica's number while Everett lay across my bed. He put his hands on his stomach and stared at the ceiling and let out a sigh. Jessica answered the phone on the second ring.

"What's up?" She asked when she answered.

"Are you busy?" I asked.

"No. Why?" She asked. I looked over at Everett who had his eyes closed now.