Chapter 31 - Noah Miller Broke My Nose

I frowned as I looked around at my surroundings. I had no idea where I was. Not a clue. It was dark, I was scared, and I wanted Noah. I pulled out my phone and saw I had no signal. Oh no. Tears whelled up in my eyes. I could see two houses in the distance but I was to scared to go ask to use their phone. What if they were murderers? What if they try to kill me? What if they would eat me? What if-

"Excuse me." A deep voice said. I froze. Oh no. Nononononono. I'm so scared. I squeezed my eyes shut and stood still. "Skylar?" They know my name. I opened one eye and saw a familiar face. Logan, Ryan's old best friend. The last time I saw him was at one of Noah's football practices. "Skylar what are you doing out here in the middle of the night?" He asked.

"I-I'm lost." I mumbled. He took his jacket off and wrapped around me.

"You must be cold. C'mon I'll take you home." He said and put his arm over my shoulders. He started leading me towards one of the houses I saw.

"You live out here?" I asked. He nodded.

"I moved here a few months ago." He said. I nodded. We walked the rest of the way in silence. When we reached one of the houses he walked over to a car that I'm guessing is his. He opened the passenger door for me and I sat in it. He walked over to the drivers seat and he drove out of his driveway. "How did you get lost way out here?" Logan asked.

"I was mad and just started walking and ended up here." I shrugged.

"Did you get into a fight with that guy?" He asked.

"Who Noah? No. It was Jason my cousin." I mumbled.

"Oh. What happened?" He asked. I sighed.

"He was living with me for a while. Then he moved out and he promised to visit me and call me but he didn't. He only did that with his girlfriend that happened to be my best friend Jessica and yea. I got mad and just left." I explained.

"Where's Noah?" He asked.

"At his house. He was supposed to be with me but he was a being a great big brother and stayed with his little sister." I said. Somethings wrong with me. I'm jealous of a five year old for crying out loud.

"Are you two dating now?" He asked. I nodded and looked down. My phone had signal now so I could text Noah. But before I could my phone started ringing. It was Noah. A small smile spread on my lips as his name came on the screen.

"Hello?" I said answering the phone. Logan took a glance at me probably seeing if I was talking to him or not.

"Sk-Skylar where are you?" Noah asked.

"I actually don't know but Logan-"

"Who's Logan?!" He almost yelled in the phone.

"Calm down. Its Ryan's old friend. Remember he was at the Halloween festival?" I asked.

"Oh yea." He breathed. "Are you alright? I've been trying to call you for the past hour. I called Jessica and she said you left."

"Yea, I'm alright. Jason and I got into a fight." I mumbled.

"What about?" He asked.

"Its nothing." I said.

"Do you want to come over?" He asked.

"Sure." I said. We both said a few more words and then we hung up. I looked over at Logan. "Can you take me over to Noah's?" I asked.

"Yea sure." He said sounding sad.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders.

"I haven't had the best day." He said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.