Avoid

Chapter 1
[Edited. Any mistakes, please inform. ]

Amanda's P.O.V

Taking out my history book and set it up on my table as I sigh. Another day of painful subjects today have to be learned. Everyone stays in their seat as Mr. Hawk walks in with his strict face. Of course, according to his name, he is awfully strict. He's in his early 20's, yep he's not that old, he's a practical teacher though. His brown hair and blue eyes are what girls admire the most. Kind of school's girls idol just like his lil' brother.

"Send your yesterday's homework, now," He says. Emily, my very best smart ass friend is going to take a nap but no, she's not taking nap without me. So, I throw a crumpled paper at her, she turns at me and rolls her eyes. I smirk as she mouths some words which mean she's going to kill me after class.

"Miss Luther," I startle when Mr. Hawk calls me. "Yeah- I mean, yes sir ?". "Come and help me carry these books to my place," He says. So the class is over. Wait, the class is over? That's too soon, and weird since I just took out my book. Everyone is looking to each other questioning why is he stopping the class so soon. "I have meeting today so all of you can do other subject's homework. Come, Amanda," He says as everyone cheers with some fan girls glares. I walk forward and help him carry the books. Damn why me.

We walk out from the class and continue in the empty hallway. Hell, we walk in silence. I hum my favorite music without him hear me. "So the motive I want to you to help me is-" I cut him off before he continues, "Ah, I knew it. You wouldn't call me without reasons," I say.

"Look, did your mother tell you  anything ?" He asks as I shake my head, "No, why?". He sighs.
"Really, she didn't tell you.." He let out another sigh. "Yes, she did not tell me, so what is it?" I furrow. "You might not want to hear this but," He strikes his hair and stop walking as he looks behind me, "You're going to marry him."

"Him?" I wrinkle, "Him." "Him. Who?" I ask, nearly going mad. "Behind you," He says as I turn around to see Mr. Hawk's little brother, the most popu-Effing-lar guy in the school, Dylan. His face is 5-10 cm with mine. I startle as I curse under my breath, "Shit,". I back away few steps, "How long have you been there?". "Few minutes ago?" He asks- more like statement. "Anyways, did you just say I'm going to get married? I'm just 17 years old girl who's trying to survive in her God-knows-how-miserable life with homework. And with this jerk?!" I nearly yell. "Wait, wait, wait, me? Jerk? Well dear little honeybunch sugar plum , this jerk will marry you no matter what," Dylan points at himself. "Uh-uh not in a million years," I throw my hands up in frantic surrender, "and I'm not honeybunch whatever you said."

"Okay, enough guys, this is what we called arranged marriage. You can't deny your mother, Amanda, and Dylan, him? Do you think he will pull out white flag to release you. Uh-uh, he won't," Mr. Hawk explains as Dylan nods. "Okay, so now firstly, you're technically letting your lil bro marry before you. Second, I'm not a prisoner here so I won't do whatever you say and third, I don't know him, how does he know me?" I point at Dylan. "Oh wait a damn minute, we are freaking go into the same school for years and how you not know me, the popular-handsome-adorably cutest guy in this school?" I roll my eyes to his saying.

"Whatever you say, jerky, I'm out," I walk away to Emily who is probably waiting for me. "Oh now you're avoiding this amazing discussion?" I just wave my hand, without looking back. Maybe I should just avoid them for the rest of my life.

I bet mom's brain is not working so well. How does she even know Mr. Hawk and when the heck they discussed about this marriage?

Questions are running in my beautiful head as I keep walking to Emily. Geez, what a life.