Leave

Hello, it's been a year ~ or is it? I'm sorry for the very extraordinarily terribly remarkably damn late update ♥️ I have a lot lot lot lot lot of things to work on lately since I'm in early 20's now, I need to focus on my study ~ I'll keep up my pace from now on, wish my mind have never run out of ideas. But let me remind you again, I'm bad in English.

____________________

Chapter 12

(Unedited)

A shimmering blue car parks in front of unfamiliar house that stayed in a deep forest. The house is big enough fit maybe over 10 person, the design is attractive since it's based on woods texture. Modern but remains the vintage. The situation seems dark but peaceful.

Amanda P.O.V

I've seen everything, all the way from school to this house. I've watched, and mesmerized the path, the scene, the way to this house. Why? I don't know. Usually, villains would make their victims sleep so they wouldn't know where the hell they're going. But I'm awake as hell, all the way. Maybe they know, I have no reason to escape. They're closest clue of the mystery of own father, and they're the closest help to find mom. 

As the engine stops, Dylan steps out from the car and I do the same. I don't want him to be so gentle to open my door, it might effect my heart
      "Should've let me open it for you," Dylan says, "No, thanks," I reply.
Mr. Hawk walks up behind me and I can see his smirk towards Dylan as Dylan rolls his eyes. I follow their back to the main entrance. Dylan unlocks the door using pass code, and gestures me and Mr. Hawk to walk inside. 

The house, inside looks stunning, and you cant even believe in your eyes, the furnitures and the cleanness of the house. It's breath-taking. "Let me show you your room," Dylan makes his way upstairs as I follow him, "For how long I'd be staying here?". "A month or so," He smiles as he unlocks a room that so-called my room. "That's long," I sigh, sitting on my bed.

Moving my knees up to my chest and hugs them, buries my head in between, I feel very, very tired. I wonder how is mom doing. Where is she? Has she eaten? What's actually going on with my life? Who exactly is Dylan? He killed his own parents? Who is Zach? Unnecessary questions are running endlessly in my mind. But I'm pretty sure, Dylan's loving me doesn't have anything to do with this mystery unless, I have loss memory of me promising him things. Before I even notice, tears are rolling down my cheeks. What did I do to deserve this?

Nightmare.

"You're weak."

"SO WEAK, like the other protagonist!"

  "Amanda.."  

"Can't even stand for yourself?"

  "Amanda..!"  

"What a lame girl."

  "Amanda.."  

"You're running out of time, it'll be your fault!"

"AMANDA!"

My eyes shot open, as I breath heavily, trying to gain my conscious, needing fresh air.  Sweats running on my skin, and I feel so warm in the room. It's not kind of warm that comforts me. It's suffocating. I feel my hands gripped by someone, looking u, it's Dylan with his concerned face. His eyebrows frown together and his eyes show uneasiness, "Are you fine? You seemed to have a nightmare." Lowering my eyes, "I'm just fine." I can't show him my weakness. "Are you sure?" He asks, clearly making me stumble upon myself. "Yes," I stubbornly deny myself. I keep quiet for few minutes as he stares down at me. I look aside, avoiding him. I need to be strong..

"Dinner's ready 15 minutes ago," He breaks the silence, "You were having nightmare, screaming, so I came in to check on you-,"
     "You don't need to," I cut him off as I swing my leg to the side of the bed, getting up. He looks at me, obviously shocked that I have the urge to cut his word off. I'm waiting for him to slap or curse me but instead, I hear nothing. Only sigh from him. He's grown fatigue of me maybe? He heads to the door and rests his hand on the door knob. "Join us downstairs in 10 minutes," He closes the door as polite as he can before he continues walking. He didn't even look at me, not a glance. 

*******************

I walk downstairs, heading to dinner table and see Mr. Hawk and Dylan, already waiting for me to join. I sit in front of Dylan, and all of us dig in our dinner. It tastes so good that makes me believe it's probably made by Mr. Hawk. Not Dylan.
     "We will be going out tomorrow, you'll be staying here for while," Mr. Hawk states. "What?" I look up to him, pausing my movement, "I'm not staying." Dylan stabs the meat with his fork and look at me in the eye, if looks could kill, his stares burning through my eyes, "It's for your safety." I get up from my seat, clearly disagree with his statement. "I'm going with you! It's my mother and father we're talking about over here. Clearly, my family, my relatives-"
Dylan hits the table with a loud smack, "STOP IT AMANDA! I don't wanna be harsh on you but we must go without you, it's too dangerous, please, Amanda."
Surprised, I grip my hands tightly, lowering my head down staring at my own plate. With my frowning brows, gritting teeth. I know, it is dangerous. But I can't step back, doing nothing, sit behind and watch these going on.

"I'm done eating."

I walk back to my room, close the door and sit on the bed. What should I do?

Few knocks on the door as I mutter, "What?". I hear the sound of the door opening, and assume it's Dylan, and yes it is. He walks slowly and sits beside me. "I know," He starts as I keep my silence to me, "And I'm sorry." I look at him, "But I can't just sit here and do nothing, I-" I stop by feeling warmth embracing my body, his hug is warm and soft. "I can't afford another lose.." He says with cracks in his voice. He pulls himself apart and caresses my cheeks. "I love you so much but I have to leave," He smiles faintly. 

His smile causes me remember mom's saying,

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means that you are a strong person."

I wish he can tell me who he really is. How can he be so understandable of my family problem if he killed his own parents?  Did he really kill them? How can he has the soft heart towards family? Just how?

Who are you?